In this Destiny 2 weekly reset guide, we'll be going over all the activities that are affected by the weekly reset, as well as what time the weekly reset occurs at around the globe. The Destiny 2 weekly reset has actually changed as of December 1, to coincide with the release of the Curse of Osiris DLC expansion for the game. We'll be walking you through all the changes that Bungie has made to the weekly reset, as well as explaining why it's of such paramount importance.
For more Destiny 2 tips, head over to our Destiny 2 guide and walkthrough hub. It’s got all the info you need to improve your Destiny 2 performance and get that all important sweet loot.
Destiny 2 Milestones
Before we get into the depths of the Destiny 2 weekly reset times, you'll need to know about the Destiny 2 Milestone rewards. You can find these Milestone objectives by going into the Director and holding down left trigger, which will bring up a list of objectives. You can complete these objectives for the rewards stated just below each, some of which can deliver you incredible Legendary and Exotic weapons.
Destiny 2 Milestones are the main way of earning high end loot on a consistent basis in the game. The Powerful Engram rewards largely scale with your Power level, meaning that you can always gain something useful from Milestone rewards, no matter your Power level.
Destiny 2 Weekly Reset Times
As we previously mentioned, the Destiny 2 weekly reset times were changed by Bungie on December 1, the same day that the second Season of content kicked off for the game with the release of the Curse of Osiris DLC expansion. You can find all the brand new weekly reset times for Destiny 2 just below:
- 9 am PST
- 12 pm EST
- 5 pm BST
- 6 pm CEST
We've mentioned that Milestone rewards including Call to Arms, Clan XP, Nightfall, and more all reset each week, but which actual activities reset on the Tuesday? All the activities listed below all change at the above Destiny 2 weekly reset times, every Tuesday:
- Nightfall Strike - This version of a Strike will take the base version of the activity, and ramp up the difficulty, using various difficult modifiers to make it harder for you to complete. The chosen Strike will change every week, as it just did by changing from the Inverted Spire to the Exodus Crash Strike.
- Flashpoint Destination - The destination of the Flashpoint event will change, shifting from one of the four total planets to another.
- Clan XP/Rewards - Both your personal Clan XP contribution and the overall Clan rewards will all reset, allowing you to contribute more XP and earn repeated rewards from all the activities your Clan members undertake.
- Treasure Maps - Brand new Treasure Maps will be available from Cayde-6, which you can purchase from him in the Farm social hub.
- Raid Rewards - The rewards you can obtain from the Leviathan Raid, which is confirmed to be some of the best in Destiny 2, will all reset, allowing you to earn them again.
Head over to our Destiny 2 Strikes hub if you want to know which Nightfall Strike is currently in the weekly rotation, or check out our Flashpoints guide if you need help taking down any of the Public Events on any of the four planets.
Speaking of the fabled Leviathan Raid, we have our complete walkthrough guide up on it right now, featuring puzzle solutions and boss guides alike. Continue to our Destiny 2 Leviathan Raid guide for all the info you need to solve every challenge thrown your way.
Destiny 2 Daily Reset Activities
We've been through all the details for the weekly reset in Destiny 2, but what about the daily reset? There aren't that many of them, truth be told, but we've rounded up all the activities that change every single day in Destiny 2, in order for you to redo them and repeatedly earn rewards.
- New Planet Patrols
- New Crucible Challenges
- New Strike Challenges
This is great if you particularly love playing either Crucible matches or Strikes, as it effectively means you can earn rewards for completing all the daily challenges every single day, which are always a bunch of Tokens that you can then trade in to either Lord Shaxx for the Crucible, or Commander Zavala for Strikes.
However, it should be noted that all the above Destiny 2 reset times are subject to whether Bungie decides to take the game offline for maintenance. The maintenance periods are nearly as often as the game's weekly reset, and while we can't forsee any maintenance plans ahead of time, we will be reporting on any downtime for Destiny 2 whenever Bungie annouces any new information.
This article may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and buy the product we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.