Ni No Kuni 2: Revenant Kingdom tells the tale of King Evan Pettiwhisker Tildrum, who finds himself the victim of a coup in the kingdom of Ding Dong Dell, and must embark on a quest with his closest allies to recover his rightful throne.
We've rounded up every scrap of information for the adorable Ni No Kuni 2 right here for you, including every character revealed so far, as well as the Ni No Kuni 2 release date and trailers for the game.
We're at E3 2017 covering the year's biggest gaming event. Be sure to check out all our coverage on our E3 2017 hub!
Ni No Kuni 2: Revenant Kingdom Essential Information
- Release Date: January 19, 2018
- Price: $60
- Platforms: PS4, PC
- Developer: Level-5
- Publisher: Bandai-Namco
- Genre: Adventure
Ni No Kuni 2: Revenant Kingdom Release Date and Platforms
Originally due for release in November 2017, Ni No Kuni 2 has since been delayed to January 19, 2018, following an announcement from Level-5 President Akihiro Kino through the official Bandai-Namco twitter account.
Ni no Kuni II has been postponed until Jan. 19, 2018. Watch this video from the President of LEVEL-5 Inc. for details on the delay and more. pic.twitter.com/E5jHoxTzer— Bandai Namco US (@BandaiNamcoUS) July 13, 2017
Ni No Kuni 2 Gameplay and Story Details
At the outset of Ni No Kuni 2, King Evan Pettiwhisker Tildrum is deposed of his rightful throne in the kingdom of Ding Dong Dell, and must embark upon an epic quest with some of his closest friends, in order to recover what is rightfully his. The visuals of Ni No Kuni 2: Revenant Kingdom take cues from the Studio Ghibli films of old, and the entire game has a stunning, distinct art style.
But despite these adorable visuals, Ni No Kuni 2 doesn't exactly have a family friendly subject matter, as Evan has to deal with the death of his father, the King, before ascending to a throne he isn't ready for. All of this happens before he is chased out of his own kingdom, and thrown together with allies like Roland, all of which help him on his journey to become a king worthy of the throne of Ding Dong Dell.
The gameplay of Ni No Kuni 2: Revenant Kingdom was demoed at E3 2017, in the video just below, and we've picked out some highlights from the gameplay demo further down.
- The combat system has completely ditched any turn-based elements, transitioning to full real-time combat.
- Evan has a sword for close-quarters combat and a wand for long range combat, meaning he could stand back and let Roland deal with enemies up close, if he wanted to.
- The small, Sprite-looking creatures on the floor can be activated at any time in the battle, and each variant will provide aid in a different form, be it a shield or a buff.
- You can also use these creatures to amplify any skills that Evan can charge up, and if you charge it up long enough, the creatures will join in the attack, boosting your damage.
- If you block at the right time, you'll successfully block all incoming damage from a single opponent.
- The characters and story of Ni No Kuni 2 are completely new, so you don't need to have played the first game to enjoy this one.
Ni No Kuni 2: Revenant Kingdom may only be a few months away from releasing, but make sure to keep an eye on this page, as we'll be continually updating it with all the latest information about the game prior to launch.
This article may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and buy the product we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.