Cole Phelps’ first detective job for the LAPD is to work traffic. In this guide to the Driver's Seat case in LA Noire we’ll detail all the correct questions to ask, list the locations of all evidence items, and tell you how to get a 5-star rating on Taffic Case 1.
For more help with LA Noire on PS4, Xbox One and Switch, check out our LA Noire guide hub. Over there you'll find guides to each case in the game, giving you the tips you need to get a 5-star rating on each.
LA Noire Traffic Mission The Driver’s Seat Case Guide - Case 1 Evidence and Questions
In this LA Noire guide to Traffic Case 1, The Driver's Seat, we'll detail all the locations and suspects in the case. Read on for how to find all evidence and what questions to ask.
P.E. Freight Depot Evidence Locations
- Open the trunk of the car to find a receipt for a live Hog from Riverside Slaughter House
- Inspect the car’s interior
- Inspect the pipe covered in blood (evidence B) to see “Instaheat” tag
- Inspect the wallet (Evidence A) for info and photograph of victim
- Inspect glasses (Evidence A) for the brand name “Stenzel”
- Talk to Doctor examining the car
P.E. Freight Depot - Question Nate Wilkey - Correct Questions
Phelps has four questions in his notebook that you need to ask Nate Wilkey. We’ve listed them below along with the way you should react to answers.
- Question: Purpose at scene - Good Cop
- Question: Knowledge of Adrian Black - Good Cop
- Question: Bloodstained pipe found - Good Cop
- Question: Contents of wallet - Bad Cop
Black Residence Evidence Locations
- Inspect Matchbox on the dining table - from Cavanagh’s
- Inspect Glasses case in the bedroom. Open it to reveal Stenzel name
- Inspect Picture frame in bedroom. Examine back to find secret message to Adrian from Nicole
- Inspect closet to find a train ticket for Seattle and a missing suitcase
- Inspect Matchbox on bedside table
- Inspect receipt on the kitchen table - it’s from InstaHeat
- Inspect InstaHeat brochure on kitchen table
- The newspaper in the Black residence can be found on the dining table
- Fix the heater outside the house by placing the pipes into the holes. There’s a missing pipe that matches the murder weapon
- Use the phone to get the address for Cavanagh’s Bar
Black Residence - Question Margaret Black - Correct Questions
Phelps has six questions in his notebook that you need to ask Nate Wilkey. We’ve listed them below along with the way you should respond to answers.
- Question: Slaughterhouse receipt - Good Cop
- Question: Location of Adrian Black - Good Cop
- Question: Stenzel glasses case - Good Cop
- Question: Photograph signed 'Nicole' - Accuse - Point to Concealed message
- Question: Cavanagh's Bar Matchbook - Good Cop
- Question: Alibi for Mrs Black - Good Cop
Cavanagh's Bar - Question Frank Morgan - Correct Questions
Talk to bartender in Cavanagh’s Bar and ask for Morgan. Then talk to Frank Morgan on the back table.
- Question: Link to abandoned vehicle - Accuse - Point to Receipt for live hog
- Question: Location of Adrian Black - Bad Cop
You can arrest Morgan or just leave the bar.
When you arrive at the apartment block, look at the postal boxes to see that Morgan lives in Room 2. Knock on the door and you’ll see Adrian Black. He’ll try to escape, so chase after him and eventually he’ll be apprehended by the police car.
This article may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and buy the product we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.