In this Skyrim romance guide, we'll be running over how to marry Farkas, which can actually take some doing, despite the fact that doing this doesn't require mods, or any other external support.
If this wasn't what you were after, then make sure to check out our Skyrim tips and tricks guides hub, where you can find out how to marry Aela the Huntress as well as other characters, on top of how to start out a new game just right.
Before you can ask for Farkas' paw in marriage, you must join The Companions guild and become a werewolf yourself. Learn how to join The Companions here.
Skyrim How to Marry Farkas Guide
Three quests for the Companions remain after you've become a werewolf, and you'll have to complete all of them should you want to become betrothed to Farkas. These quests are:
Complete Blood's Honor quest
- When you're officially a Companion and a lycanthrope, move on to the Blood's Honor quest.
- Kodlak Whitemane asks you to retrieve the head of a Glenmoril witch.
- Follow the map marker to a cave located near Bilegulch Mine. You should find the necessary witch quickly once you're inside.
- When you've killed the witch and collected its head, you can stay and kill the other witches in the area if you want. The extra heads are used to cure yourself and the other Companions of lycanthropy, if you ever decide you'd like to stop being a werewolf.
- When you return to Whiterun and Jorrvaskor, you find out the Silver Hand has attacked.
Complete Purity of Revenge quest
- Go to Driftshade Refuge, which is located in northwestern Skyrim. Vilkas will come with you.
- Go into the Driftshade Cellar. Avoid the traps. Kill any Silver Hands you find to get rid of the organization once and for all.
- Get the fragments of Wuuthrad and return to Whiterun.
- Start the Glory of the Dead quest.
Complete Glory of the Dead quest
- After attending Kodlak's funeral, talk to Eorlund and give him the fragments of the Wuuthrad (get the final one from Kodlak's room in Jorrvaskor. It's in his bedside table).
- When you give Eorlund the last fragment, you'll get the Wuuthrad.
- Travel to Ysgramor's Tomb and give the axe to the statue to gain passage. kill any foes you go up against.
- In the burial chamber, put one of the Glenmoril Witch heads in the fire, and fight the wolf that emerges.
- When the wolf's dead, talk to Kodlak again.
How to Marry Farkas
- It's time to shack up with Farkas. The standard Skyrim marriage rules apply here. First, get an Amulet of Mara from Maramal, the priest at Riften's Temple of Mara. You'll have to let him explain how marriage works in Skyrim before he'll sell you the amulet.
- Equip the amulet, and talk to Farkas. If he's interested, and he should be by this point, you should see extra dialogue options indicating as much. Select them to perform a proposal.
- Talk to Maramal to arrange your marriage. The ceremony usually takes place about 24 hours after kicking off wedding preparations. Don't stray too far from the Temple, otherwise you may wind up inadvertently leaving your groom at the altar. Don't make Farkas sad.
Yes, there's quite a bit of work to be done in order to marry Farkas in Skyrim, but all this work has to be done if he's to be your virtual husbando. We've also got a how to get Zelda items in Skyrim Switch guide.
This article may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and buy the product we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.