Scoring goals in FIFA 18 is pretty much the most important aspect of the game. You can have the tightest defense in the world, but unless you actually score goals you’re not going to win. In this FIFA 18 guide on how to score lots of goals we’ll detail how to score lots of goals in FIFA 18 by selecting the best attacking formation and tactics. Follow our FIFA 18 scoring guide and you’ll be scoring loads of goals.
If you’re after help that isn’t related to scoring lots of goals in FIFA 18, check out our FIFA 18 guide hub. It’s full of really useful tips and tricks.
FIFA 18 Guide - How to Score Lots of Goals in FIFA 18
Scoring goals in FIFA 18 can be made a lot easier if you know how best to set up your team. In this guide we’ll go over the best formations to score lots of goals and the best tactics to use to score goals. You’ll still have to put the ball in the back of the net, but at least you’ll be making a lot of chances to score.
Update: Scoring Lots of Goals After the FIFA 18 Patch
While EA made some changes to FIFA 18 with the first big update, the 4-3-3 Attacking formation and setup we've detailed below still works a treat. If you're after more options, take a look at our guide to the best most overpowered formations in FIFA 18.
Best Formation to Score Lots of Goals in FIFA 18
The basic idea here is to use the 4-3-3 Attacking formation. Select this option and then follow our tips for how to best set your team up in FIFA 18.
- Assemble a squad of fast players. Pace can make up for deficiencies elsewhere and will enable you to create a lot of chances.
- Put your best finisher in the middle of the front three as this will be your main goal scorer.
- Your wingers that make up either side of the front three must be fast, have excellent passing and dribbling skill, and strong finishing.
- Put a super attacking CAM in the centre of the middle three. Most attacks will flow through this player, so it’s a vital role. This player will also chip in with numerous goals.
- In the wider (but still pretty central) midfield positions you want good passers that are also decent at defending. You could go with CDMs or just CMs with the right attributes. These two will be essential in breaking down opposition attacks and getting counter attacks underway.
- With your midfield being quite central, it’s important to have a left back and right back who can get up the pitch and be instrumental in attacks. Pace and passing are essential here as these two players will regularly be getting deep into the opposition half.
Best Tactics to Score Lots of Goals in FIFA 18
With your FIFA 18 now set up to score lots of goals, you just need to do some tweaking with the tactics and player instructions.
- Drag your wide forwards in, giving them RW and LW roles. Push your LB and RB forward slightly giving with LWB and RWB roles.
- In the Instructions Tab set the least attacking of your CMs to stay back while attacking and to make aggressive interceptions. Make sure he’s also set to keep his position.
- In the Instructions Tab set your most attacking CM to get forward, to stay on the edge of the box for crosses, and to have freedom over his positioning.
- In the Instructions Tab set your LWB and RWB to always overlap.
- In the Instructions Tab set your central most attacking CAM to stay forward, to get in the box for crosses, and to stick to position.
- For all attackers, set them to stay forward in the Instructions Tab.
- Set your tactics to High Pressure.
With all these tweaks made you should find your team is setup to create a lot of chances. It does sadly make you more open to counter attacks, but if you score more than the opposition it doesn’t matter!
This article may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and buy the product we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.