If you’re playing Destiny 2 and wondering why you haven’t got a Sparrow yet, you aren’t doing anything wrong - it’s just takes a lot longer to get a Sparrow in Destiny 2 than it did in the original game. In this Destiny 2 Sparrow Guide we’ll detail the ways you can get your hands on the nippy hover bikes. Read on for how to get a Sparrow in Destiny 2. There are some spoilers linked to endgame Destiny 2 campaign content, so you’ve been warned.
For more help that isn't related to getting a Sparrow in Destiny 2, head over to our Destiny 2 guide hub. Over there you’ll find loads of info, including a guide to exotic weapons and armor.
What is a Sparrow?
If you’re new to the world of Destiny and didn’t play the original game, you might be wondering what a Sparrow is. Sparrows are cool hover bikes that allow your guardian to whiz about an area at a much greater speed than on foot. A sparrow is also a bird. We are unsure if there are sparrows (birds) in Destiny 2 and this guide won’t help you unlock them.
How to get a Sparrow in Destiny 2
Unless someone discovers another way, there are two routes to getting your hands on a Sparrow in Destiny 2. One is to complete the Destiny 2 story campaign and the other is to reach level 20. The process isn’t quite as simple as it sounds, so we’ve detailed the steps for you below.
How to get a Sparrow by Completing the Destiny 2 Campaign
- Complete the Destiny 2 Campaign.
- Head to the rebuilt Tower and speak with Amanda Holliday in the Hangar.
- Holliday will let you choose one of three basic Sparrows - at no cost.
- If you want a better Sparrow, Everis (on The Farm) will give you a free Bright Engram box once you’ve completed the Destiny 2 campaign. This box might contain a Legendary or Exotic Sparrow.
How to get a Sparrow Through Bright Engrams in Destiny 2
- Complete the Homecoming mission in Destiny 2 and the After the Attack sequence. This will unlock The Farm.
- Complete the Spark Mission (the first story mission after you arrive on The Farm) to unlock the Eververse shop (run by Tess Everis).
- Eververse sells Bright Engrams, but only to guardians at level 20.
- Grind until you reach level 20.
That’s how you can get a Sparrow in Destiny 2. We’d opt to go down the completing the campaign route, as it’s less of a grind.
If you need help covering anything else found in the Destiny 2, then head on over to any of our other guides, including our guide to the Farm Social Space, as well as our guide on every Exotic Weapon and Armor in Destiny 2.
If you want to see a comprehensive list of the all the most powerful, Exotic weapons and armor pieces that Destiny 2 has to offer you, then head on over to our Destiny 2 Exotic gear guide, where you can find all the items in the game that will undoubtedly enhance your Power level. We've got guides on how to get the Rat King in Destiny 2, how to get the Mida Multi-Tool in Destiny 2 and how to get the Sturm in Destiny 2.
This article may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and buy the product we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.