If you’ve read our NBA 2K18 Offensive Controls Guide, you should be fully equipped to break down any opponent that comes your way. Having your stick game tight is one thing, but combining deft fingers with good strategy is something else. This NBA 2K18 Scoring Tips and Tricks guide will give you some good ideas on how to get to the rim and drop major buckets. Here's how to score lots of points quickly in NBA 2K18
Should you need anything else on NBA 2K18, for example help with the defensive controls of the game, or general scoring tips and tricks, make sure to head over to our NBA 2K18 tips and tricks guide hub.
NBA 2K18 How to Score Guide - NBA 2K18 Scoring Tips and Tricks
Scoring is essential if you're going to win a game of NBA 2K18. In this NBA 2K18 guide we'll tell you how to score lots of points quickly and how to easily score in NBA 2K18.
- Take time to learn who are superstars for your team. Just like in real life Steph Curry will be very different than Kyrie Irving. Knowing each player’s real life tendencies and strengths will give you a great foundation on how to use their digital counterparts.
- Speed kills - Jamming on the sprint button keeps your players tired and also makes you predictable. Mix up your pace when dribbling and use your sprint in moments when your defender will least expect it.
- Don’t be a player hater - Take some time and learn some of the sets and plays of the team you are using. Go into practice mode and run those plays with the play diagrams on. This will let you both see how it should be run and give you an idea on how each play’s spacing should work.
- “Pick” your poison - One of the most underrated plays in all of basketball is the pick and roll. This subtle play gives both parts of the offense multiple routes with which to maneuver and keeps the defense guessing. The pick and roll game goes to the next level when you have players who can capitalize on it from both the shooter and cutter aspect. Also remember that if you have a “big” that has a decent mid-range shot, you can cause even more damage.
- Remember that you have more passing options than you are used to. Passes don’t only have to be chest ones. Bounce passes are fantastic to post entries, Lead passes are amazing for cutting players. Always think of where you want a player to be instead of where they currently are. You’ll go from Raymond Felton to Jason Kidd level passing in no time.
- “Motion of the Ocean” - Teams have built in motion offenses that are tailored to their personnel. If you see a play break down, don’t be afraid to let the team freestyle. You might find some goodness in places you didn’t expect.
- Don’t forget to substitute players - If you are playing the game at simulation pace with full game minutes you’ll want to keep your stars fresh. Putting in some bench players before the half will keep them ready for the second half and also lets you get familiar with the other members of your team. You can also use a timeout to slow down a hot player on the opponent’s team.
These are just a few of the hundreds of tips and aspects of offensive strategy you’ll need to absorb to be a better NBA 2K18 player. These fundamentals work across all modes and in real life basketball too! Head elsewhere for our NBA 2K18 Defensive Controls guide and our NBA 2K18 Offense Controls guide.
This article may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and buy the product we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.