There’s a lot to understand when it comes to Injustice 2, as this is much more than just your basic fighting game. You can undertake both a single-player campaign as well as multiplayer matches against opponents, all while earning new gear to equip your characters with. In this Injustice 2 Guide we’ll give you all the info you need to become a master Batman, Joker, Bane (or any other character) player. We've got details on how to unlock character items and how to earn Mother Boxes.
If you want more general info, we’ve got an in-depth Injustice 2 - Everything we Know article that will provide you with an overview of the game, the different versions you can buy, and the numerous trailers Warner Bros. has released.
Injustice 2 Character Guides and Strategies
Each different character featured throughout Injustice 2 has a different fighting style, primarily due to their special abilities and equipment. We’ve assembled a handy character moves sets strategy guide, which can be used to help you understand all the different abilities that each character possesses.
- Injustice 2 Character Guide Cheat Sheets - All Characters Detailed
- Injustice 2 - Batman Moves List, Combos and Strategies
- Injustice 2 - Superman Moves List, Combos and Strategies
- Injustice 2 - Wonder Woman Moves List, Combos and Strategies
- Injustice 2 - Supergirl Moves List, Combos and Strategies
- Injustice 2 - Catwoman Moves List, Combos and Strategies
- The Flash - Supergirl Moves List, Combos and Strategies
- Injustice 2 - Harley Quinn Moves List, Combos and Strategies
- Injustice 2 - The Joker Moves List, Combos and Strategies
- Injustice 2 - Robin Moves List - Combos and Strategies
We’ve also got a complete guide on how to unlock every Premiere Skin in Injustice 2.
- Injustice 2 - How to Unlock Every Premiere Skin: This includes new costumes for The Flash and Green Lantern.
Injustice 2 All DLC Characters
NetherRealm has revealed several Injustice 2 DLC characters, that can only be purchased with the DLC Fighter Pack 1, or the Injustice 2 Season Pass. The DLC characters released for Injustice 2 so far are:
- Red Hood
Injustice 2 Tips and Tricks
If you’re a newcomer to the Injustice series, or even a veteran of either the previous entry or fighting games in general, it’s still a wise idea to consult the tutorial for Injustice 2. There are both novice and in-depth tutorials, for old and new characters alike.
The tutorial introduces you to blocking, dodging, and Character Powers, and the Practice Mode allows you to hone all your skills against an AI opponent. If you find you're getting beaten down online, don't be afraid to fall back on the Practice Mode to perfect your fighting moves.
It's a good idea to dive straight into the story mode of Injustice 2, as although the mode itself is only around 6 hours long, it introduces you to almost every character in the game. Forcing the player into the shoes of certain characters is a great way to discover which characters you love, and which characters you fight well with.
Aside from this, you'll also unlock some great character items in the story mode, at the end of each chapter. This can even be Epic gear, which can sometimes come in the form of level 20 items, and any gear earned can improve the statistics of the character equipping it, ultimately helping you every time you fight as them, in online or single-player matches.
Remember to Use Items in the Environment
- Watch for a faint white line around usable items across all the maps in Injustice 2.
- Press the right shoulder button, and if you're facing towards your opponent, you'll hurl the item towards them, inflicting some hefty damage.
- Some items can also be used to traverse the map quickly, for example the crocodile in Swamp Thing's map allows the player to leap over the enemy.
- Remember to use items found on the edges of the map, if you've got your back up against the wall.
How to Unlock Character Items in Injustice 2
Every single playable character in Injustice 2 has their own level, which you can increase by playing as them. Whenever a character reaches a new rank, they can equip gear items that can be unlocked through completing chapters of the single player story, as well as through opening Mother Boxes.
Mother Boxes are earned by the player whenever they progress to a new overall level, and each Mother Box contains three random items for any characters in the game. This effectively works as a loot box system for Injustice 2, making players spin the wheel of fortune to see whatever items the game chooses to randomly give them.
Once again, it's a good idea to head into the single player campaign of Injustice 2, as you'll reguarly receive character items as rewards for completing chapters within the story mode. This is a great way to acquire some good gear, as this gear can be for any number of characters, and not neccesarily for the one you happen to be playing as at the time.
These items, once equipped on a character, can offer that character statistical bonuses. For example, if Batman were to be equipped with a new cowl which offered an increase in the Defence stat, his overall Defence would rise, on top of any other bonuses to the Defence stat that existing gear may have provided.
On top of this, different items can be earned from different scale Mother Boxes. Lower grade items can be earned from the Bronze variety of Mother Boxes, while higher grade items can be earned from Silver and Gold Mother Boxes.
How to Level Up Your Favorite Characters
- Head into the Multiverse and take on challenges, earning XP for each opponent defeated.
- Don't forget to dive into the single player campaign of Injustice 2, which frequently rewards you with XP and character items.
Exploit for Earning XP Quickly
There's an alternate method to levelling up your favorite characters quickly, provided you've got two controllers handy. All credit to the Injustice 2 reddit for discovering the exploit below.
- Go to the Extras menu, then Options, then Gameplay Settings, and raise the round time to 300 and the rounds to win to 2.
- Once you've got 2 controllers synced, head to Multiplayer Versus, and pick the character of your choice in the P1 slot.
- Then, choose from Aqauman, Black Adam, Brainiac, Cyborg, Firestorm, Green Lantern, Supergirl, Superman, Swamp Thing, or Wonder Woman in the P2 slot, as these characters have the lowest health and can be beaten quickly.
- Go into the match and defeat P2 as quickly as possible, as time is of the essence.
- Through this, you'll gain 1,000XP every time, along with significant EXP gains.
How to Unlock Every Premiere Skin
- There are seven Premiere Skins in Injustice 2, allowing characters to take on the look of another character.
- While Premiere Skins transform a characte entirely, they retain their old powers, so Captain Cold will still have his powers even if he looks like Mister Freeze.
- For more on these Premiere Skins, including how to earn all seven, and what effects they have on characters in Injustice 2, head over to our guide on how to unlock every Premiere Skin in Injustice 2.
How to Upgrade Character Items, How to Earn Regeneration Tokens
- Regeneration can be used to turn low level, useless gear into upgraded, improved gear.
- Use a Regeneration Token on an old item to upgrade it, matching the level of the character it's meant for, while improving all the stats of the item.
- Earn Regeneration Tokens by completing Multiverse challenges, as well as Daily challenges in Injustice 2.
This article may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and buy the product we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.