Atlus Wants to Know If You Want More Persona Spin-Offs and Remakes

I mean, they know we probably want those things. They want to know which ones we want more.

News by Mike Williams, .

Atlus has published this year's version of its annual online survey, allowing the company to gauge where it should focus its efforts in the future. Gematsu has looked over the Japanese survey to see all the potential goodies Atlus might have in store for us.

The survey asked if fans would purchase any of the following potential games:

• Persona 6
  • Persona 5: Definitive Edition
  • Persona 5: Arena
  • Persona 5: Dancing All Night
  • Revelations: Persona HD remake
  • Persona 2: Innocent Sin / Eternal Punishment HD remake
  • Persona 3 HD remake
  • Persona 3 dance game (sound action)
  • Persona Q sequel and remake for other hardware
  • Persona series board game
  • Persona series online game
  • Persona series shooting game

Each title also includes checkboxes for platform, letting Atlus know which systems you'd like to see the games on. The game systems listed include PlayStation 4, PlayStation VR, Nintendo Switch, Nintendo 3DS, PS Vita, smartphone, and other. (Time to ask for more PSP support!)

Atlus is currently working on bringing Persona 5 to Western shores and has begun development on Project Re: Fantasy and Shin Megami Tensei for Nintendo Switch. The company has already said that it plans to announce further games in 2017, including new Persona games.

"In 2017, we will have several unannounced titles, so please look forward to their announcements," said Atlus in a statement reported on by Hachima Kikou (translated via Persona Central).

"We're steadily developing other titles behind the scenes, including the Persona series. We plan to announce future titles in the new year, without keeping you waiting too long," added Atlus business director Naoto Hiraoka.

Related Tags

I'd buy a Metal Gear Rising-style game where Kanji messes up as many people as possible with a fold-up chair.
    No more dancing or fighting games please.

Persona 6, yes of course! Just let me play Persona 5 first!

Want want WANT a Persona 3 HD remake.

Persona 2 remake would also be goodEdited 2 times. Last edited February 2017 by fretto
    I'm not a huge fan of the recent Persona entries (blasphemy, I know!), but a remake of the original, Innocent Sin, and Eternal Punishment would be swell!
    I'm up for most of them. I don't really care about the dancing games or a board game. I don't really like the fact that Persona 5:Definitive Edition is on there. I know it's too much to ask nowadays, but I'd much prefer that the Persona 5 coming out this year was the "definitive edition." I admit that I loved Persona 4 Golden, but that was at least a few years later and was really just enhancing a port.
    @trotskyicepick I loved Arena Ultimax! It is incredibly fun and good music too.

However, Persona 3 getting the Golden treatment would be fantastic. What they did the improve combat and other small things in the PSP version is great, but the static point and click approach is just the pits.
    Oh, and a follow up to Persona Q. Such a good game.
    @Modern-Clix No I don't want them to make anymore spin-offs *goes back to playing PersonaQ*
  • Avatar for The-Challenger #8 The-Challenger 8 months ago
    I would love to play a remake of Persona 2.
    I'd take a remake of Persona 2 since I missed out on that one. Otherwise just give me 5 and focus on 6 next, no need for remasters or definitive editions. I mean hell P5 isn't even out for us yet and I'm SUPER hyped for it, that's definitive enough!

Will say though super happy to see SMT style demon conversations making it into P5, and the fact that the enemies are just the demons and not random blob things. Love that so much. Damn P5 can't come out here soon enough!
    I want a Persona 3 remake, with all the benefits from the PSP version but with the better presentation of FES. It can be on any platform, but if it was on a handheld, it would be perfect.
  • Avatar for vincentgoodwin88 #11 vincentgoodwin88 8 months ago
    Just Persona 5 on Switch (I tend to like RPGs on portables, rather than hogging the TV).

I still need to get Persona Q...I liked Etrian a lot, but I didn't have the time.
    @nadiaoxford Doesn't Sega own Atlus now... So Kanji DLC for Yakuza 6? Pester them!

---
    Just port the Revelations #FE game to the Switch. That's all I want .Edited February 2017 by SIGGYZtar
  • Avatar for brionfoulke91 #13 brionfoulke91 8 months ago
    Just keep making new Persona games! Anything is good!
    I'd be up for Persona 5 Arena. Especially if it did for PErsona 4 what PErsona 4 Arena did for Persona 3, showing what the last game's cast has been up to since graduating.
  • Avatar for One_Vurfed_Gwrx #16 One_Vurfed_Gwrx 8 months ago
    I would rather see a remake of the first 2 (and if) Shin Megami Tenseis for 3DS or Switch... Or a Devil Summoner remake. Sad that this all about Persona when the SMT umbrella covers so much more. The P2 games would probably work well for a remake though and maybe P1...
  • Avatar for not_themilkybarkid #17 not_themilkybarkid 8 months ago
    Just give us PC ports!
    Need another Persona Arena game. Those games are too good to not return to. Otherwise I'd just rather have Persona 6 sooner than later, although a definitive edition of P3 would be nice.
  • Avatar for EdgeTheLucas #19 EdgeTheLucas 8 months ago
    I'd LOVE if the Persona series was on the Switch. I only have Persona 3 FES right now (working on P4 afterwards, only just got into the series), but as much as I like the visuals of the game, I'd love it even more if I could curl up in bed with it (I don't have a PSP to get the portable version). A Switch port would allow me to enjoy the game on a TV seeing all the great details, while also allowing me to squeeze in an in-game day or two between classes at college. These games are perfect for short bursts, while looking beautiful enough to dazzle on a TV.
  • Avatar for SatelliteOfLove #20 SatelliteOfLove 8 months ago
    Persona 6

The spin-offs are always weaker in writing and maturity compared to the OGs.

Persona 6
    man, I just thought about this, Persona has a history of definitive editions with extra story content or new characters. I personally wish they wouldn't do that since they take so long to beat with the vanilla version.

On the flip side, I would love a Persona 3 Golden with the same amount of bonus content outside the game as in P4G.
  • Avatar for JamesSwiftDay #22 JamesSwiftDay 8 months ago
    Surely HD remakes are a given?

I'd definitely re-buy a Persona 4 remaster if they kept the original Chie voice actress in it.
  • Avatar for wesleymoore41 #23 wesleymoore41 4 months ago
    Persona 3 HD remake without a doubt :D
    I would like to see a remake of persona 1 and 2. Persona 3 was the one that got me hooked on the game. Ive tryed to play persona 1 but the controls are really werid. If those two were remade i would so play them.Edited July 2017 by Blackreach

Comments