Axe of the Blood God: Final Fantasy XV's DLC, Persona 5, and Destiny 2

PODCAST | We jump into Final Fantasy XV's DLC, Persona 5, and Destiny in our latest episode.

Article by Kat Bailey, .

Axe of the Blood God is our weekly RPG podcast hosted by Kat Bailey. You can find the previous episodes here.

In this week's episode of Axe of the Blood God (download link here), we have the triumphant return of the Persona 4 Golden Report, a non-spoilery discussion of Persona 5, and a look at Final Fantasy XV's DLC!

Nadia and I actually have a lot to say about Final Fantasy XV's DLC, which launched this week. Our discussion doubles as a look back on Final Fantasy XV, which has proven as controversial as ever, even among the USgamer staff. We also dive back into the Persona 4 Golden Report, which was sorely missed last week. Alas, no Chrono Trigger Report this week. I've been kind of busy amid the gigantic deluge of new games. But yeah, it'll be back.

For our second segment, I'm joined by Caty, who offers an overview of Persona 5 following her review. We cover roughly the first hour of the game and talk generally about stuff like the difficulty, the premise, and little things like the role of mobile phones. Unless you're on total media blackout, you're pretty safe here. We cap things off with a discuss with Destiny correspondent Doc Burford, who talks about Destiny 2 and tries to sell me on his favorite game.

Have comments or questions about the show? Email us at usgamer@usgamer.net. We may read your letter on the show!

Timestamps

• 03:00 Final Fantasy XV DLC Discussion
  • 20:34 Persona 4 Golden Report
  • 42:34 Persona 5 (No Spoilers)
  • 01:14:44 Destiny 2
  • 01:35:06 Outro

Where to find us (Subscribe, rate, and review!)

Show Description

Kat is joined by Nadia and Caty for another Persona 4 Golden Report (20:34), Persona 5 chatter (42:34, no spoilers), and a look at the Final Fantasy XV DLC (03:00). Then Destiny superfan Doc Burford drops by to sell us all of on his favorite shooter and talk about the recent Destiny 2 trailer (01:14:44).

P5 sounds great!!! Enjoyable difficulty without being too hard. The extra subway dungeon sounds similar to Bloodborne's chalice dungeons but with more character. I am sure this will take me quite a while to get through but hopefully I can knock out a chunk on grad school break in mid April. "Soaring joy..." Damn, can't wait. :D
    Yeah, I'm still in chapter 4, and when I read I couldn't skip chapter 13 after the patch, I yowled.

On the FF13 front, I managed to beat Barthandelus after losing like five times in a row.
    Excellent little Persona 5 discussion that didn't spoil anything major, can't wait for Monday night when I get my copy. Also, I feel like this site has had the most balanced view of Mass Effect Andromeda. I love that you guys don't dwell on the technical issues as much as other sites, there's more important aspects of that game to talk about.

Also, Glad(io) to hear that I can safely skip the FFXV DLC and not worry I'm missing anything major.Edited April 2017 by Drachmalius
  • Avatar for SatelliteOfLove #4 SatelliteOfLove 5 months ago
    Kanji never was outted or debunked as gay, but the whole Bad Bad Bathhouse deal was Japan's old take on gay men: they were not discriminated against for this, but are "required" to be flaming (this is why I come down on him being gay). Kanji I got from this is scared of that. Plus, you have what Hashino said about not defining him completely as the gayngst angle to not run off the other social angles in Kanji's character (make of it what you will).

Yeah, that hotspring scene. URK. Tasteless after all that went on and completely out of character for The Same Damn Joke.

Trails in the Sky remains the ONLY anime anything that doesn't fuck those up. :PEdited April 2017 by SatelliteOfLove
    Box quote: "it won't poison your children."

Classic.
    @Jonnyboy407 Between Mike's "This game can be a dick sometimes" for BOTW and now "It won't poison your children," the team should just get a side-job writing box quotes.
  • Avatar for Wankel-Rotary-Engine #7 Wankel-Rotary-Engine 5 months ago
    Destiny is an FPS, not an RPG and shouldn't be talked about on an RPG podcast.

Remember that and fix it for the future.
    I'm not even going to erase that double, it deserves to be there.
    Deleted April 2017 by Kat.Bailey
    @Wankel-Rotary-Engine Never played Destiny, huh?
  • Avatar for Wankel-Rotary-Engine #14 Wankel-Rotary-Engine 5 months ago
    @nadiaoxford For wanting the show to cover rpgs instead of fpses? Please. Use that picture on yourself.
  • Avatar for Wankel-Rotary-Engine #15 Wankel-Rotary-Engine 5 months ago
    @Kat.Bailey Then you should change the focus and/or name of the podcast if you're going to start covering games that aren't rpgs.
  • Avatar for Wankel-Rotary-Engine #16 Wankel-Rotary-Engine 5 months ago
    @Roto13 Played enough to know it's not an rpg.

Comments