Axe of the Blood God: The Persona 4 Golden Report Finale!

PODCAST | Plus the final Chrono Trigger Report and thoughts on the Kingdom Hearts 3 trailer!

Article by Kat Bailey, .

Axe of the Blood God is our weekly RPG podcast hosted by Kat Bailey and Nadia Oxford. You can find the previous episodes here.

In this week's episode of Axe of the Blood God (download link here), we finally wrap up our Persona 4 Golden and Chrono Trigger Reports. And we do it live!.

Watch live video from usgamernet on www.twitch.tv

We've been slowly chewing through both of these games for several months now, and it feels good to finally be finished with them. We have tons of thoughts on the ending, the final battles, and what we might have missed. Spoilers, obviously!

Oh, and for good measure, we talk about that Kingdom Hearts 3 trailer. Are we excited? Find out on the pod!

Want to share your thoughts on RPGs? Email us at usgamer@usgamer.net. We may read your letter on the show!

Where to find us (Subscribe, rate, and review!)

Show Description

Kat and Nadia finally wrap up their Chrono Trigger (22:00) and Persona 4 Golden (47:36) reports, but not before diving into Final Fantasy XII and (gasp) Kingdom Hearts 3. It's a historic first for the Blood God as we go LIVE!

I like the idea of the show being live (even though I didn't get to watch it). Hope it becomes a semi-regular feature.
    I've tended to not be all that interested in the RPG discussions lately (no games are really catching my eye at the moment, plus I'm drowning in gaming backlog anyway), but I'm always interested in hearing more about the P4G/Chrono Trigger playthroughs.
    Is there any chance you guys can put together compilations of each of the Reports? Pretty please? It would be great to be able to listen through to all of them.
    @yuberus It's still archived on Twitch! It's basically the same but a bit longer, plus you get to see Nadia's cool Kain shirt.Edited July 2017 by SIGGYZtar
    @Frosty840 I think Kat plans to! For P4G at least.
    @Frosty840 That's the plan!
    Who was your Sun Persona of choice?

Anyway, the announcement that the last P4 and Chrono Trigger reports made me want to finish P4G already, and it turns out I was smack in the middle of Marie's dungeon. It was easier than I thought as the party was in the 90s. The enemies made you think a little more intelligently about causing all-out attacks for the sweet relief of the cup cards. However, when all was said and done, I did not bother to enter the final dungeon as I wanted to save it for my next play-through when I would have more than that boss to fight.

Regarding Chrono Trigger, Kat's discussion earlier this year I finished the DS game then. You laughed at my getting all of those Megalixirs and it paid off when I attempted to get three of the game's other endings including the developer's room and Chrono's Mom getting sucked into the time vortex. I have a few more endings but I will probably not bother anymore.

I hope Kat and Nadia can do a race for Persona 3, FES or Portable, for the next challenge.Edited July 2017 by riderkicker
  • Avatar for SatelliteOfLove #7 SatelliteOfLove 3 months ago
    YOU BROKE CHIE'S HEART YOU MONSTER. THAT'S HOW YOU GET GALACTIC PUNTED YOU KNOW.

Oh yeah, Divinity: Original Sin 2 <--- my vote if it counts for anything.
  • Avatar for WiegrafFolles #8 WiegrafFolles 3 months ago
    I'm a bit perplexed by your argument that CT has the best turn based RPG combat Kat. What's so great about it? It's flashy and fast but so are mobile games...
    @WiegrafFolles It's because it's flashy and fast it's the best. Pick up and play.
    @WiegrafFolles I didn't say that it was flashy and fast. I said that it's elegantly constructed and offers lots of interesting party construction opportunities. Also, it offers enormous flexibility in terms of encounter design, which is reflected in the wide range of boss battles. It would be nice if it put a little more emphasis on status effects/buffs/debuffs rather pure damage, but otherwise I think it's excellent.

Comments