Axe of the Blood God: The Persona 5 Streaming Drama

PODCAST: Kat and Nadia examine some of the drama around Persona 5, the possibility of Seiken Densetsu 3 in English, and more.

Article by Kat Bailey, .

Axe of the Blood God is our weekly RPG podcast hosted by Kat Bailey. You can find the previous episodes here.

In this week's episode of Axe of the Blood God (download link here), we examine some of the drama around Persona 5, talk about Breath of the Wild, and, of course, delve into another Persona 4 Golden Report.

I've already said my piece about Atlus' decision to heavily curtail the streaming of Persona 5. As for the localization, well, I don't think it meets the high bar set by Persona 3 and 4, but I also don't think it detracts from the overall story. All things considered, it's not a significant departure from Atlus' previous work. Perhaps you disagree!

In addition to discussing Persona 5, Nadia and I get back into Breath of the Wild (because who doesn't want a little Zelda talk), discuss the push to get the Switch's Seiken Densetsu Collection releashed in English, and cover Persona 4. As always, a pretty packed episode!

Sidenote! Next week is the hundredth episode of Axe of the Blood God! The theme of the episode will be "Why We Love RPGs," and we'd love for you to contribute. Send an email to usgamer@usgamer.net (or just DM me) and we'll see about getting your letter on the show!

Where to find us (Subscribe, rate, and review!)

Show Description

Kat and Nadia get together to talk about the possibility of Seiken Densetsu 3 getting an official English release on Switch (1:04), then talk about their progress through Breath of the Wild (12:40), Persona 5's harsh streaming guidelines (31:52), and, of course, another Persona 4 Golden Report (47:42).

Managed to snag a Switch at Meijer last week. Been loving Zelda, but been not loving the lack of music. The little diddily-dees of piano every now and again just isn't cutting it. I would've loved to see them go the Dragon Quest Builders route and give us some pimptastical music all up in our faces. Leave the background music in the West.
    @Stepout It's a good game for podcasts, like the Blood God!
    Oh wow, while you were talking about how Persona 5 was mostly talking, it reminded me of Yakuza! And I have been saying the Tokyo in the game is so similar to the game. When you got to the localization chat, it also reminded me of how the translation changed from 3 to 4, I was bummed that the "quality changed" as 3 actually translated the karaoke among other things (even if the game was lacking some content).
    Dear Nadia, you had some amazing quotes for an audio drop. I hope I get enough time this week to mash together some of that audio the way it sounds in my head because it's gonna be hilarious.
    @pdubb I wanna hear it!
  • Avatar for SatelliteOfLove #6 SatelliteOfLove 5 months ago
    The Heaven dungeon's music had me reaching for the mute button, myself.

P5's intro is interesting:

It's both very QUICK, but also long. You're in the "melieu" of the game very fast leaving no doubt as to what's going down in this (read: DARK SHIT), but also is rolling out new tricks for a long time afterwards given its dense feature set. I find it a great compromise.
    Fun listen as always! :D
    So far the only people I've seen complain about the "no streaming" in Persona 5, had no interested in playing the game to begin with, they just want to see a popular game get taken down a peg. you know the type of people.

My response is always, "Streaming wasn't in previous Personas so no reason to expect it to be in 5."

Comments