Axe of the Blood God: We Dive Deep Into Zelda: Breath of the Wild

PODCAST: Does the Blood God approve of the latest Zelda?

Article by Kat Bailey, .

Axe of the Blood God is our weekly RPG podcast hosted by Kat Bailey. You can find the previous episodes here.

In this week's episode of Axe of the Blood God (download link here), Nadia returns to dive deep into the Switch and Zelda: Breath of the Wild with Kat!

Obviously, we have plenty to say about Breath of the Wild, as reflected in all the coverage on the site this week. Nadia has had an entertaining little diary going, and we've all been generally enjoying the game along with everyone else. Join us for lots of thoughts (minor spoilers on the first 10 hours or so of the game).

Next week we'll be tackling Nier Automata, as well as diving back into our Persona 4 Golden and Chrono Trigger reports. Until then, let us know how you're enjoying Zelda!

Timestamps

• 01:00 Switch analysis
  • 21:40 Zelda discussion
  • 01:00:00 Outro

Where to find us (Subscribe, rate, and review!)

Show Description

Kat and Nadia talk about their experiences with the Nintendo Switch (1:00), then dive deep into a discussion of Breath of the Wild covering its differences from previous games, its difficulty, its RPG elements, and much more (21:40). Suffice it to say we really like it! Minor spoilers up to the point where you might head to your first dungeon. Read more at http://usgamer.net! Follow us on Twitter and Facebook at @usgamernet! Have comments or questions about the show? Email us at usgamer@usgamer.net. We may read your letter on the show!

No Persona 4 Golden Report?

Nooooooooo
    I'm 55 hours into Breath of the Wild. Admittedly one Phony sick day and two actual days of being sick that followed later helped inflate those hours by a significant amount of time.

But I'm not bored. I am convinced that this is one of the greatest games of all time. I am convinced that this is the greatest open world game of all time. There is no wasted space, it's a series of exploration based puzzles that nails the ultimate feeling of any great adventure: exploration fueled by wonder.

I've finished 2 dungeons, 61 shrines, I accidentally stumbled across the Master Sword, half of my map remains unexplored and I feel no desire to do anything else with my free time.

So how is my time with Breath of the Wild going? Better than any of my hyped up, overblown expectations could have imagined. I don't typically last with open world games. I get bored with Assassin's Creed, Fallout, Elder Scrolls, but this game conquers everything because it isn't about completion percentages, clearing out a map, grinding for XP, and collecting random icons floating on a map. It's confident in its own ability to let you have fun and I don't know what I'm going to do once it's finished.
    What games are Brach's Rocks?
    I wonder if Nadia has checked out Airship Q for the PS Vita. It's a cat platformer, and Play Asia is having a sale but it's sold out. I got my copy from Amazon, and paid about $12 for it.
    I have been playing the Wii U version of Zelda BotW. I know many rag on the Wii U game pad, but I find it very comfortable. I haven't been able to play the Switch yet, though, so I can't really compare the two.
    @drich255 Ive just been playing on my Wii U pro controller except for the few times the shrine puzzles called for it. I like the gampad too. Its surprising comfortable but I do prefer the pro controller.
  • Avatar for SatelliteOfLove #7 SatelliteOfLove 6 months ago
    "Why don't you talk about how this game can be a dick sometimes" <--- back of the box quote
    What SMT games should we followers of the Blood God buy from the PSN before the sale ends on Tuesday?

Comments