Axe of the Blood God: Why We Love RPGs

PODCAST | Help us celebrate our 100th episode!

Article by Kat Bailey, .

Axe of the Blood God is our weekly RPG podcast hosted by Kat Bailey. You can find the previous episodes here.

In this week's episode of Axe of the Blood God (download link here), Nadia and I share for the genre nearest to our hearts: RPGs.

In the course of our fairly lengthy discussion, Nadia and I discuss our early history with RPGs, how they differed from other games, and the elements that have had a lasting impact on us. Then Caty joins us to share some of our own thoughts, and also to help read your comments!

Thanks to all those who have supported Axe of the Blood God over the past couple years. It feels great to have a hundred episodes in the can, and we hope to have a couple hundred more before we're finished. Until then, happy adventuring.

Where to find us (Subscribe, rate, and review!)

Show Description

It's Axe of the Blood God's 100th episode, and after a quick discussion about Dragon Quest XI, Kat and Nadia use the occasion to talk about their history with the genre and why it means so much to them (14:10). Afterward, Caty drops in to share some thoughts of her (55:14), and we hear from you the listener on why RPGs are just the best.

I wish I had the effort to search for Kat's FF7 review. I'm pro-FF8 though, but that's because I like Faye Wong.
    Congrats on the 100th episode. Blood God be praised.
    Remote play...

Its not well documented but there is an option for the vita to directly connect to the ps4 and it works much much better than over normal WiFi.

Also, while a number of games poorly manage the l2 r2 buttons. Some games creatively remap stuff. Skyrim and ffxv do some sensible things.
    Congrats on 100!

Kat, though it might not have been your original intention, I am very thankful Axe of the Blood God ended up skewing heavily towards JRPGs. No other site really covers the genre...at least, not with the level of knowledge that the USGamer crew does.

So, kudos to sticking with what you love. I certainly appreciate it.
    @link6616 there are asian companies that sell an overlay for the vita that provides l2/r2 buttons
    @link6616 Yep. I suck at FFXV as with many action RPGs, so I constantly press R2 for items.
    @pdubb I have one actually. Although if you want one for the vita 1000, you'll pay dearly. 2000 is affordable though.
    The comedian Nadia was thinking of is Jackie Kashian.
    Edited April 2017 by Natabuu
  • Avatar for Wankel-Rotary-Engine #10 Wankel-Rotary-Engine 6 months ago
    Destiny is not an rpg. Nor will it ever will be.
    100th episode! 100th episode in 1 month for me!

Breath of Fire 3, throw it on the pile Kat!

Comments