Dark Souls Remastered Coming To Switch, PS4, Xbox One, and PC This May [Update]

From Software's classic is getting the Switch port you wanted.

News by Mike Williams, .

Today during Nintendo's surprise Nintendo Direct Mini, the platform holder revealed one of the titles that was previously rumored. Dark Souls is heading to Nintendo Switch and it already has a firm release date: May 25, 2018.

Dark Souls: Remastered will include the base game and the downloadable content, Artorias of the Abyss.

Kotaku UK is also reporting that Dark Souls: Remastered will be heading to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC during the same time frame. The outlets says the Switch port will be handled by a seperate company from the other releases, with the overall remaster being based on the Dark Souls 3 engine. Further, Bandai Namco is planning to remaster all three games, but is doing them one at a time.

EDIT: And in short order, Bandai Namco has confirmed Dark Souls: Remastered for all four platforms.

Praise that Sun!!!! Now where is that Demons Souls Remastered Sony!!!?Edited 2 weeks ago by cldmstrsn
  • Avatar for Nuclear-Vomit #2 Nuclear-Vomit 9 days ago
    Art of Fighting 2 is great, but the AI opponents will make you cry. So cheap.
    I legit don't get the Dark Souls love. The most dangerous enemy in the first game was the terrible camera system. I checked out after that.
    Another bounty for the Blood God.

Be sure to get a controller adapter, bc PS4 controllers are cheaper than Switch controllers! Don't want to smash your Switch.Edited 2 weeks ago by SIGGYZtar
    Instant morning joy!!!

It's a rare and precious thing.

For some reason, I only finished Dark Souls once. I played through Demon's Souls 5 or 6x. I'm working on my second run throughs of both Dark Souls 3 (which I am greatly appreciating) and Bloodborne. Now I have a reason to revisit Sen's Fortress. :D

This is a day 1 for Switch and PS4.
    Nice, I'll have the entire series on PS4 then. It's the only Souls game I never actually beat (granted the last bits of Dark Souls were the weakest parts anyway).
    Portable Dark Souls... just let that sink in a little bit.

I will never stop playing this game.
  • Avatar for Godots17thCup #8 Godots17thCup 9 days ago
    I fell in love with Dark Souls on the PS3 a year-and-a-half ago, so I think it'll be really fun to play through it again with a presumably more active and more inexperienced playerbase. The co-op, both direct and indirect, are part of what makes the Souls games so special, but while there were actually still a decent number of people playing when I did, I ended up having a mostly solo journey. I'm hoping I'll be able to make other players' journeys, and even my own, a little less lonely this time. Also, it'll be pretty cool to play the Artorias DLC, which I never got around to buying.

Oh, and I hope the framerate in Blighttown isn't so bad in the remaster; something about the way the camera and the action moved in that place would give me literal headaches.
    @SIGGYZtar The Switch Horipad is $21 on Amazon and is a great controller.
    Damn it. I was burnt out on the Souls formula playing Ringed City but I think this might pull me back in.
  • Avatar for StJudasOfSleep #11 StJudasOfSleep 9 days ago
    Great news! I almost picked up a copy of Dark Souls over the holidays, but happy to be able to grab a remastered edition in a few months instead.
  • Avatar for matthewjohnson31 #12 matthewjohnson31 8 days ago
    I can't believe I'm so excited about a remaster, but the three or so weeks I spent with the original might be the most rewarding time I've ever spent with a game. I hope they don't change anything, not even the bad parts.

Comments