Devil May Cry HD Collection Announced for PS4, Xbox One, and PC

Dante's back, back again.

News by Matt Kim, .

It's been awhile since we saw Dante kick some demon butt, but Capcom isn't going to let us forget about our favorite demon hunter so quickly. Today, Capcom announced that the Devil May Cry HD Collection is coming to the PS4, Xbox One, and PC on March 13, 2018.

The Devil May Cry HD Collection brings together the first three Devil May Cry games (sorry DmC and Devil May Cry 4) into one handy package. A similar collection was released back in 2012 for the PS3 and Xbox 360.

There is no word yet on whether or not the current-gen HD Collection will have even more graphical improvements over the previous HD Collection. Capcom hasn't announced the resolution or even 4K capabilities (if any) for the new PS4, Xbox One release.

We've reached out to Capcom for further details.

In the meantime, there are ongoing rumors that Devil May Cry 5 will be appearing sometime in the near future. So this new HD collection could be part of some larger Devil May Cry reappearance.

Where's the NS-version?
  • Avatar for KaiserWarrior #2 KaiserWarrior 9 days ago
    I was going to say... So this is a re-release of a re-release? An HD Collection... of an HD Collection?

I fail to see what the PS4/XBone/PC can bring to these PS2 games that the PS3/360 didn't already bring. They already ran at 60fps natively. They've already been upscaled to 1080p. I can all but guarantee that they're not going to be doing substantial texture overhauls, let alone re-modeling the games.

Even if they do go with 4K support, what does 4K resolution REALLY get you for 2000s-era graphical tech? It's not like there's a bunch of previously-obscured details that you'll suddenly see.
    @KaiserWarrior for people who want it. I know I have been wanting to replay 1 and 3 so i dont have to bust out my ps3 and at 20 bucks hell yes.
  • Avatar for BaltimoreJones #4 BaltimoreJones 9 days ago
    @KaiserWarrior I think it's more for having access to play them at all on a PS4 as opposed to expecting graphical brilliance.
    @KaiserWarrior Besides the obvious "being on platforms they're not already on" thing, rereleasing the games on PS4 and Xbone will make 'em compatible with PS Share and Xbone's video/photo sharing service, as well as opening the flood gates for Devil May Cry mods over on PC.
    @KaiserWarrior I'm more interested in what the modding community is going to cook up when the HD collection hits PC, but if you're only looking for visual upgrades, then yeah, this re-release is going to be a disappointment. However, if you're looking for rock solid game play (specifically DMC3's), then it's definitely worth getting excited about.Edited 2 weeks ago by NateDizzy
    I'm excited about this. Too bad DMC4 isn't included, but it'll be nice to have remastered version of the first 3. Hopefully they won't try to "update" them by making them easier. Also glad that that "remake" won't be included.
    @Flipsider99 I liked the reboot, when it was remastered anyway. I mean, yeah, nuDante's more of an asshole, but the game's got some pretty awesome set pieces going in its favor. Like, if Devil May Cry 5 happened, I wouldn't mind Ninja Theory being brought back to assist with the level designs and some bosses.

As for Devil May Cry 4, I'm assuming it's not included because (like DmC) it already has a remaster. Wouldn't rule out a bundle, though.Edited 2 weeks ago by MetManMas
    @MetManMas I hated it, but I'll spare you the laundry list of reasons. I will say that even if you like DMC:DMC (that is actually it's official name) it definitely doesn't belong grouped up with the others. It's not the same series. It's a game that was made by people who had contempt for the series, and it really thumbs it's nose at the mechanics and design philosophies of the original. The last thing fans of the DMC games wanted was for the series to continue down the Ninja Theory road, because it would have destroyed what we liked about the series in the first place.

Ninja Theory games have their fans and that's fine, and I hope they stick to making they're kind of games, rather than mess with a series that they don't understand.Edited 4 times. Last edited 2 weeks ago by Flipsider99
    I'd point blank buy it on Switch cart but I already played this last gen on ps3 and wouldn't buy it again on ps4.Edited 2 weeks ago by chaoticBeat

Comments