Doom and Wolfenstein 2 are Coming to the Nintendo Switch, Glory Kills and All

Bethesda finally revealed its "unannounced title(s)"

News by Matt Kim, .

Bethesda is releasing both Doom and Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus on the Nintendo Switch, ensuring that players can rip and tear demons and nazis on the go.

In a surprise announcement, Bethesda actually did reveal a secret, unannounced title that they accidentally let slip earlier this month. While I know a couple people who were expecting some kind of port, the guesses I heard thrown around pertained to Fallout. Doom and Wolfenstein 2 are both left-field choices, but I won't complain about playing one of the 2016's best shooters and 2017's most anticipated shooters on Nintendo's portable console.

Bethesda accidentally let slip that there was an unannounced title coming later this year, but the company walked back the statement on Twitter. Unfortunately, speculation started the minute the story went live and just a couple weeks later we're living in a world where Doom is coming to the Nintendo Switch.

RIP AND TEAR

Doom and Wolfenstein 2 on the Switch are the latest Nintendo Switch ports Bethesda's releasing, alongside Skyrim. The horror-shooter will support the Nintendo Switch pro controller for players who want a more traditional controller experience, but no details yet on any other controller setup.

Doom came out last year, and while critics and fans were a little hesitant leading up to the game's release, Doom proved to be an exhilarating adventure. Last year's Doom revitalized the classic PC shooter, modernizing a lot of the gameplay to make it feel even faster and more brutal than its predecessors. No doubt that the Switch version will try and replicate the self-contained brutality of the original console and PC release of the game.

Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus will be out later this year for PS4, Xbox One, and PC and the Switch in 2018. THe story continues the nazi hunting exploits of Lt. Blascowicz, but in the former US this time.

We'll have more details for Doom on the Switch as the story develops.

Makes sense. Doom 2016 ran at a pretty solid 60 frames of PS4 and Xbox One, so I could see it working on less powerful hardware at half the framerate, give or take.
    Bleep me, I am loving this. Sucks it is a late port but I will take it provided no major content is cut.
    I'll pass on Wolfenstein and just get it on Xbox at release, but sign me up for some Doom on the go! Bethesda bringing some good stuff, very nice
    DOOM is probably my favorite game from last year, so yeah, assuming it's good, I'll buy it again on Switch. Although I really hope the framerate stays sharp, even if it means a significant downgrade in visuals.
    YES SIGN ME UP FOR DOOM ON THE GO.
    If only I could time travel and give my comic book-loving 10-year-old self a Switch with Doom '16 on it.
    I'm glad Bethesda is putting new content on the Switch. I'm hoping their games take off so we can see stronger third party support moving forward.
    I'm really hoping they've managed to keep the 60fps gameplay. I'd be happy with sub-720p or lower in return for 60fps (or at least have it as an option). Also in the wake of Splattoon 2 I really hope they've got gyro aiming in there. Short of keyboard and mouse there's nothing quite as fast an accurate for aiming in an FPS on console IMHO.
    It's nice to see Bethesda supporting the Switch, even if they're not doing it with the one recent Bethesda game I personally care about. (Dishonored 2.)

Comments