In the latest episode of my ongoing Final Fantasy IV Let's Play, I realize that I don't remember nearly enough of what actually happens in this game!
In the last episode, I made it all the way up to Mt. Ordeals and successfully managed to get Paladin-ified. In this episode, plenty more happens! For your convenience, I'm including timestamps so that you can jump to the most interesting parts of the Let's Play.
- The return of Yang! (18:38)
- A battle with the Second Fiend! (48:00)
- One of many heroic sacrifices! (52:55)
- A burlesque show? (!?) (1:09:13)
- Black Chocobo! (01:17:13)
- A near death experience! (01:25:05)
- The Dark Elf! (01:33:47)
- The return of Worst Bard! (01:39:23)
- The Dark Elf Returns! (01:49:01)
Through most of this episode I kept telling myself, "You know, I swear there's a secret to beating Dark Elf. But what is it?" Naturally, I didn't bother exploring the castle where I could find my answer. First rule of RPGs! Talk to everyone! I bet that what would have been really annoying in 1991, though.
Enjoying the Let's Play? I'll be back on Thursday (and possibly Friday) with Episode 4! Mark your calendars!
This article may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and buy the product we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.