Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Launch Week

Despite a few problems, Final Fantasy XIV is live! Join us as we join you in the game!

Livetopic by USgamer Team, .

That's exciting :) I'm trying to hold out for the PS4 version, but I'm really tempted to get this now.
    Played for three hours last night and hit Level 9. Eager to start playing with job switching on my path to being a great Summoner. Like Yuna... but with less stilted dialogue.
    You are stronger than I. I have poor impulse control.
    @GustinHardy the early 10 is pretty smooth sailing and theirs an EXP bonus for your second class, so that should help you on the way to Summoner.
    These updates are making the work day go by just a bit quicker. Any chance you share some of the little Easter eggs/references you've come across. Such as the 1000 Words achievement (or was it a quest?)
    @GustinHardy Oddly enough, the non-visual references are generally pop culture references, like the Archer class levels achievements are all called "Just Talkin' 'Bout Shafts". I certainly can hunt down some easter eggs hidden in the game.
    I guess I should ask here instead of in the comments for an individual post. The dungeon post has me wondering about the group forming mechanics. Can you queue for a dungeon ala WoW and automatically get placed in an appropriate group? I don't need to spend any more of my life typing LF2M...
    @limbeckd You get answers in both spots! In FFXIV, it's called the Duty Finder. You queue up, pick your role (tank, heal, or damage) and it tries to match you up with a group. Like WoW, the length of time in the Duty Finder is based on role: damage dealers may wait a while.
    @limbeckd In case you don't notice, I answered your question in depth over in the body of the LiveTopic. Hope that clarifies things for you. :)
    @MHWilliams Make that three spots. Your comment didn't appear for me until just now for some reason. :)
    I remember signing up for Final Fantasy XI back in the day, and it felt like Dante Alighieri had designed it specifically to demonstrate the user's distance from god's radiance. We're talking at least circle eight-type torture here--at least! FFXIV 1.0 wasn't much better; that they haven't fixed it this time around is pretty crazy!

Terrible and probably insulting Dante references aside, I'm having a blast with the game, and feel it's definitely worth checking out. Here's hoping they can make good on the 3-month content schedule.
    What're your thoughts on lower level gear? Spend the money any time you level up and new gear is available or save the hard-earned gil for gear with bigger stat boosts every few levels?
    @GustinHardy That's a good question I can't answer because my level 19 gladiator is running around with level 15 gear. I haven't bought any gear whatsoever. I'll probably just craft everything I need.
    @GustinHardy You get levels so quickly early on that you'll likely out level any equipment that you can't get through questing. I've found no reason to buy anything at lower levels.
    @pjedavison Are you playing with a gamepad? If so, I'm curious how it is. The ability to play on my couch is a large part of the potential appeal for me.
    @limbeckd Good question! And conveniently, the article that has just appeared in the LiveTopic should hopefully answer it. :)
    Wow, I found this "guide" seemingly aimed at helping someone who has never played a pc game adorable and hilarious (in part because it is seems so strange). http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/start_ffxiv/win/buying/
    Why is Jeremy not writing anything? XD
    @mos8580 He's busy at PAX right now, and also I believe his PS3 blew up on him just as he was going to install the game! Boo, I know.

Comments