It's the Blizzcon time of the year, and as such, the brand new Hearthstone expansion, titled Kobolds and Catacombs, has been revealed at the opening ceremony of the event. We've got the complete list of all the latest information in this Hearthstone Kobolds and Catacombs guide, including the release date, new Legendary Weapons and cards, as well as all the new Spellstones set to be introduced into the game.
Hearthstone Kobolds & Catacombs Release Date
Right now we don't have a specific release date for the Kobolds and Catacombs expansion for Hearthstone, but we do know that Blizzard has given the expansion a release window of December, 2017. However, we do know that there will be a 50 pack bundle of cards available for pre-purchase from November 6, 2017, for a one-time price of $49.99. For purchasing this bundle, you'll earn the special "For the Hoard" card back.
Hearthstone Kobolds & Catacombs New Cards
We know for certain that there will be a grand total of 135 brand new cards introduced in the Kobolds and Catacombs expansion for Hearthstone, whenever the expansion goes live in December. Just below, we've listed all the brand new types of items that will be included with the Kobolds and Catacombs expansion, and provided a brief outline for each:
- Legendary Weapons: All nine classes will be able to seek out their own Legendary Weapons in Kobolds and Catacombs. We know one of these new weapons is called Aluneth, and although it's not actually great for outright fighting, it excels in drawing cards.
- Spellstones: Again, a different kind of Spellstone will be available for each of the nine classes. These Spellstones start out in their "lesser" forms when the game begins, but will level up as you complete different conditions specific to the card.
- Unidentified Items: While these cards will always provide a consistent base effect, they will also have an unidentified, random bonus effect which will be revealed when the playe adds them to their deck.
To summarise all these new items, we've got the names of each of them just below, which were revealed in the BlizzCon opening ceremony. These are the names of all the brand new Kobolds and Catacombs cards coming with the expansion in December:
- 8 Mana: Marin the Fox
- 4 Mana: Kobold Illusionist
- 2 Mana: Drygulch Jailor
- 5 Mana: Carnivorous Cube
- 6 Mana: Rin the First Disciple
- 5 Mana: Guild Recuiter.
- Legendary Weapons:
- 6 Mana: Aluneth
- 3 Mana: Dragon Soul
- 2 Mana: Wandering Monster
- 7 Mana: Sapphire Spellstone
- 1 Mana: Jasper Spellstone
- 3 Mana: Unidentified Elixir (Can have multiple random effects)
- 7 Mana: Crushing Walls
- 6 Mana: Gather Your Party
Kobolds & Catacombs Dungeon Runs
In addition to the new cards, Kobolds & Catacombs will also include a free Dungeon Runs single-player mode. This mode will put you in a randomized gauntlet in which you choose a novice deck and attempt to defeat a successive run of bosses. Doing so will earn you loot that improves your deck. The run will end if you lose, with great rewards presumably available if you manage to survive unscathed. Blizzard has confirmed that you will receive the card back below if you beat it with all nine classes.
Free Marin the Fox Card on November 6, Free Legendary Weapon, 50 Pack Pre-Order Bundle Availability
The 50 pack bundle will be available for pre-purchase in the Hearthstone store on November 6. All players will also recieve the aforementioned Marin the Fox legendary card for free on that date. When the expansion launches in December, all players will receive a free Legendary Weapon for logging in.
These are all the current details we have on the Kobolds and Catacombs expansion for Hearthstone, but you can be sure that we'll be updating this guide with any new information that Blizzard releases before the expansion in December, especially during the Blizzcon festivities and panels.
This article may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and buy the product we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.