LA Noire on the Nintendo Switch Will be More Expensive Than on Other Consoles

10 bucks more to be exact.

News by Matt Kim, .

One of the big surprises about the L.A. Noire re-release announcement was that the game would be coming out for the Nintendo Switch alongside the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. However, like we've seen previously, the physical Switch version of the game will cost $10 more than it would on the other two console counterparts.

That means that while L.A. Noire will cost $39.99 on the Ps4 and Xbox One, the Switch cartridge version will cost $49.99. The reason being the extra cost of producing the proprietary Switch cards. The digital versions of L.A. Noire will be the same across all three platforms.

Rime publisher Grey Box added a digital code for the game's soundtrack in the physical Switch version of the game to make up for the $10 price hike for the Switch version. While Rockstar hasn't addressed the pricing differences between the various re-release versions, L.A. Noire on the Switch will include console specific features like HD Rumble and touch controls.

L.A. Noire returns on November 14.

This game is $5 during Steam sales. It is worth $1 based on how crappy it is. Charging $50 for this is highway robbery.
    "There's a new remaster coming."

C'mon Tokyo Jun-

"There's a new remaster coming to multiple consoles."

Drat! It's not Tokyo Jungle. Well, c'mon Morrowi-

"There's a new remaster coming to multiple consoles of a Rockstar game."

Drat and double drat! Oh well, I'll take a prettier version of Red Dead Redem-

"It's L.A. Noire."

.....
    I liked the history. Is interesting how rhe main character is a big loser. But I will wait for a price drop.

The cartridge cost also mean you will not have a lot of copies at retail stores. Unsold stuff would be very bad in comparison with the cost of unsold discs.
    At least the digital version is the same price.
    I'm ok paying a bit more here and there for larger 3rd party Switch games. If that's the cost of having them on the new portable console, so be it. Plus cartridges last much longer than discs. Seems to be same price as other platforms digitally, so that's cool.
    @Edna-Brown Glad someone likes the game, I had a tough time with it myself. Glad so see a fan of it though, keep playing (tm)
    I've seen people complain about this so-called "Switch tax" being Nintendo's fault for going with carts, etc. but putting aside the fact that cartridges are absolutely the right choice for a portable, I think Nintendo's way ahead of the curve on this one in that the Switch is, primarily, a digital download platform. I know people talk about, like, wanting to own physical copies to be able to trade in games for 50 cents at Gamestop or whatever, but to me, basically every physical release is a kind of special edition. It's a little less convenient for me to have to swap cartridges, but for some games I like knowing that I own a "thing" -- and for that privilege, yeah, you gotta shell out a little more.

Comments