Mega Man Legacy Collection 1 and 2 Coming to the Nintendo Switch

Capcom gets equipped with a good idea.

News by Nadia Oxford, .

Though Capcom missed the initial Nintendo Switch hype, it's scrambling to make up for lost time. Mega Man Legacy Collection and Legacy Collection 2 are finally coming to Nintendo's handheld / console hybrid.

The announcement was made on Capcom's 30th anniversary stream for the Mega Man series, shortly after Mega Man 11 was revealed (which is also coming to the Nintendo Switch).

It is never too late for sinners to see the Light. The Legacy Collections are coming to the Switch in summer of 2018, and will offer Amiibo support.

Capcom is finally giving people Switch owners wanted since the Switch launch. Hate myself because I really don't want to rebuy the collection but I know I'm going to. Actually did the 3DS version have amiibo support (you would need a New 3DS if it had support)? Since I wonder what the support mine be but if I can guess it would just be extra life or energy.
    Who would’ve thought Capcom to hold a Mega Man anniversary worth its name.
    @hiptanaka I know, right? It almost makes me want to retire at least 30% of all the bad things I have ever said about them. Almost.
    It is about frigging time. Makes me feel like a genius for not having bought these games yet.
    I'm really looking forward to getting the X series on PC. I have the 6 game collection on the PS2, but that game doesn't pass a proper signal through HD, so I haven't been able to play it since getting an HDTV a number of years ago.
    Wanted 9 and 10 on portable so I'm happy.
    I am pumped to finally have Mega Man 9 and 10 on a portable system.

Now, where's that Disney Afternoon Collection for Switch, Capcom? It's not Mega Man related, so I understand why it wasn't announced today, but I can't imagine NOT putting it on the system at this point, unless there are arcane legal technicalities with Disney.
    They know I'm going to buy them again. I know I'm going to buy them again. Feels like extortion at this point.

Comments