Rambo: The Video Game. Looks Terrible. Yet I am Strangely Compelled.

From the makers of Hubert the Teddy Bear: Holiday Island comes Rambo: The Video Game. An on-rails shooter that spans the first three Rambo movies.

News by Jaz Rignall, .

After picking up the Rambo video game rights from StudioCanal a couple of years ago, Reef Entertainment teased us with a short montage of clips from its upcoming game, but we've seen very little gameplay. Until now!

Rambo: The Video Game is being developed by Teyon, a Polish development company best known for its not-particularly-well-received Heavy Fire on-rails FPS games. The franchise has appeared on variety of consoles, including Wii in the forms of Heavy Fire: Special Operations, and Heavy Fire: Black Arms, on PS3 and PC as Heavy Fire: Afghanistan, and most recently on Xbox 360, PS3 and PC in the form of Heavy Fire: Shattered Spear.

Rambo: The Video Game runs along similar lines - or should that be rails - as previous Heavy Fire games, only this time putting you in the shoes of one Mr John Rambo as he embarks on a series of adventures that take him from the damp forests of Hope, Washington, through the steamy jungles of Vietnam to the bone dry deserts of Afghanistan. Featuring key scenes from all three original movies - but not the more recent 2008 Rambo flick - this is pretty much an exercise in killing all and sundry. While most of the action is on-rails shooting, fight sequences are also included in the form of Quick Time Events. If they're good enough for David Cage, then surely they're good enough for this!

So does it look any good? Well, you can be the judge of that by watching this gameplay reveal! We're certainly looking forward to playing the release version.

Graphically, Rambo: The Video game is unlikely to win any awards, but there's no mistaking the glistening sheen of its iconic be-muscled hero. As Sylvester Stallone would say, "Muh. Umferble mmeebbba brrrgh fuuhrrgle."

Related Tags

This is like looking at a train wreck. It's horrible, but I can't stop looking at it.
    I don't know what you guys are talking about. How does this look bad?

Go back and watch First Blood. This has all the best scenes, and his hair looks fabulous.

If they can get some decent stealth gameplay in, this is a day 1 purchase.
    @Shinta Not sure whether stealth on rails would work. But stealth QTE's? That's a possibility. Maybe.

I love First Blood - and I'm sure I'm gonna play this, even if it isn't great. I'm just looking at the developer's previous track record. Their recent rail shooter games have been terrible - but I still hold hope that this will buck that trend.
    @Jaz_Rignall Yeah, I hope so. I was being kind of sarcastic, but in all seriousness, playing as Rambo in that prison scene is kind of a dream come true.

I don't know what to expect from this game, but I'm definitely going to keep an eye on it!
    I thought you were... but you never know. Some people just loooove that weird stuff.

I'm with you - this is a game I really, really want to love. Those old Rambo movies were so cheesy... but I still loved them. So even if this game is similarly cheesy, as long as it's fun, I'm in!
  • Avatar for darknightgotham #6 darknightgotham 4 years ago
    This seem like it will be hilariously bad, Cant't wait to see how it turns out. It's one of those games you just want to see for the laughs.
  • Avatar for fullyillustrated #7 fullyillustrated 4 years ago
    Cant see exactly how this will play, but the trailer has me all excited. Looks wicked!
    Ya I definitely kinda wanna play this. Love those movies.
    Ya I definitely kinda wanna play this. Love those movies.
  • Avatar for juliankennedy23 #10 juliankennedy23 4 years ago
    Glad to see they are still releasing games for the Playstation 2...
    This looks right up my street!
    Roi de la Princesse Grace de Monaco Montblanc Série automatique montre en or rose nouvelle Montblanc Wang Princesse Grace de Monaco Série automatique rose montre en or peut être parfait pour toute occasion spéciale, tous les jours à la maison, comme si l'occasion spécialement créé.
    Chopard