Skyrim for the Nintendo Switch Lets You Get Your Hylian On

Scan Amiibos to wear Link's tunic and hit bears with the Master Sword.

News by Nadia Oxford, .

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim was the first third-party game Nintendo trotted out in its reveal trailer for the Nintendo Switch (likely to assure viewers "Hey, other developers besides us support this thing!"). We've had a bit of a wait, but Switch owners will finally visit the snowy province of Skyrim later this year.

Skyrim for the Switch has some exclusive features, too. If you scan the Breath of the Wild Amiibo (and possibly other Zelda Amiibo), you can access Link's blue tunic from Breath of the Wild, the Master Sword, and the Hylian shield. Let's see your fiery hell-breath try to burn thin blue cloth, Alduin.

The trailer also indicates Skyrim supports the Switch's motion controls. You can swing, shield-bash, and fire arrows using gestures. As someone who actually kind of likes the motion controls in the Wii version of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (and even to some degree in Skyward Sword), I'm definitely willing to give them a try. Look out hagravens, here come my badly-fired arrows.

Take a look at the trailer for yourself.

I too enjoy both Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword on Wii so I think I'd dig this for Skyrim. I mean, the good news is it's an option, so might as well give people a choice.
  • Avatar for thesirkibble2 #2 thesirkibble2 3 months ago
    I don't know why I didn't Link coming.
    Those arrow motions look kind of nice.
    Not sure about their choice for the music for the video...

Eh, I'll be giving this a pass on Switch just as I have done on all other platforms as well.

The bow shooting looks a bit like in PS3's... Sports Champions or something?
  • Avatar for adamacuoadamacuo #5 adamacuoadamacuo 3 months ago
    I bought Skyrim for the 360, PC and PS4. I refuse to buy it again. Oh who am I kidding? :(
  • Avatar for adamacuoadamacuo #6 adamacuoadamacuo 3 months ago
    Skyward Sword (and its controls) are the reason the Wii existed. I don't care for Bethesda games, but I'm glad they're adding features to Skyrim, including motion controls.

Yup.
  • Avatar for brionfoulke91 #9 brionfoulke91 3 months ago
    Not really interested in this, but if it gets people to buy Switches, great I guess!

Comments