Some Amazon Customers Still Haven't Received Their SNES Classic Pre-Orders

Amazon is almost two weeks late with delivering SNES Classic pre-orders.

News by Matt Kim, .

Amazon is sending an email notification out to some customers who pre-ordered the SNES Classic Edition to notify them that their orders have been delayed. The only problem is the Amazon email doesn't provide when exactly the new estimated delivery date is, leaving some Amazon customers in the dark and still without the SNES Classic Edition. This is nearly two weeks after the initial launch date for the SNES Classic.

The Amazon notification going around asks customers who pre-ordered the SNES Classic Edition if they still want the SNES Classic that they pre-ordered. A follow-up email will confirm the pre-order but doesn't clarify when the updated delivery date will be for the SNES Classic.

Many are suggesting that Amazon's Treasure Truck promotion is to blame. Social media reports from the SNES Classic Launch day (September 29) suggested that Amazon was diverting pre-order stock to supply its Treasure Trucks—which are physical pop-up stores that sells a specially curated item which in this case was the SNES Classic.

We reported previously that on the whole customers appeared to be more satisfied with the SNES Classic launch day sales than they were for the NES Classic launch. Retailers like Target and Best Buy had more in-store stock for the SNES Classic than for the NES Classic and GameStop announced yesterday that they will be getting more shipments this week. Meanwhile, Amazon is two weeks behind on pre-orders that other retailers like Best Buy were able to meet by launch.

We've reached out to Amazon for a statement regarding the issues surrounding SNES Classic pre-orders for its customers.

The one that I ordered from Walmart shipped 4 days after release (it arrived the day after that), but I'm still waiting on Amazon. I got the same email from them last night.
  • Avatar for Captain-Gonru #2 Captain-Gonru 7 days ago
    Bet they took the money right on time.
    This is why I still shop brick and mortar. I walk out of the store with product in hand, with no wondering if I'll get what paid for, and when.
    i have an amazon preorder...it says it is arriving by 8pm central tonight! .......it also says it hasn't yet shipped so..... (.__. )
    It's completely shameful that Amazon would sell these things off the back of their stupif truck instead of sending them to the people they're owed to.
    @Captain-Gonru Amazon doesn't charge until they ship your order.
  • Avatar for Captain-Gonru #5 Captain-Gonru 7 days ago
    @Roto13 Ah okay. Good to know. I don't shop through them specifically (their warehouses are abysmal to their employees, even compared to retail workers), so I wasn't certain.
    @mattb0527

I hope you get your time traveling SNES Classic tonight and/or yesterday.
    @Vonlenska sadly it seems the time and space bending capabilities of the snes mini have been greatly exaggerated; i received an email this morning pushing the expected delivery date out to october 20th. if i can manage to order one through a different vendor i am absolutely cancelling my amazon order along with my prime membership, and i will not use amazon for any preordering needs in the future. this entire process has been abysmal and while i'm sure my measly prime membership doesn't mean much to them it's about all i can do to show my displeasure.

Comments