The Next Fire Emblem Coming to Switch in 2018

The Switch is getting a full Fire Emblem game next year!

News by Mike Williams, .

Today during the Fire Emblem Direct, Nintendo announced that an all-new Fire Emblem title is in development for the Nintendo Switch. This marks the series return to home consoles since the release of Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn for Nintendo Wii back in 2007.

There were no real details on the game given, other than the fact that it's coming some in 2018. Given the previous release, we can probably expect a second quarter 2018 release, with Fire Emblem Awakening coming in April 2012 and Fire Emblem Fates coming in June 2015.

I was really expecting a port of Fates. This is better.
    See, now this is the kind of stuff I need to hear. I'm the oddball Nintendo fan who isn't all that interested in Zelda or Mario. They're great, but I don't need to play either of those franchises on day one (or even year one). However, show a new Fire Emblem, or better yet, Metroid, and I'm far more willing to drop money on a new console.Edited January 2017 by NateDizzy
    @Roto13 Agreed. I love Fates, but I never wanted them to double-dip on Switch.
    Oh my god. It's been 10 years since Radiant Dawn?! Oy vey. Whatever you are Fire Emblem Warriors, you're taking too long to come out.
    Wouldn't mind a port of Fates. Was put off by the overly limited SE nonsense of the original release (where purchasing one of the separate games + the two remaining scenarios cost the same).
    An HD Fire Emblem game. Nice!! I can already see the countless hours I'll be playing this game.
    @mganai I would've actually bought Fates if I were able to find a game cart with all three games together. Too bad they don't seem to be planning to port it to the Switch.

Comments