USgamer's RPG Podcast: Our Most Anticipated RPGs of 2017!

AXE OF THE BLOOD GOD: Kat and Nadia dig into Persona 5, Mass Effect Andromeda, and more.

Article by Kat Bailey, .

Axe of the Blood God is our weekly RPG podcast hosted by Kat Bailey. You can find the previous episodes here.

In this week's episode of Axe of the Blood God (download link here), Kat and Nadia discuss their most anticipated RPGs of 2017. Persona! Mass Effect! South Park! They're all here and more!

It's a year of new beginnings as Mass Effect, Destiny, and Valkyria Chronicles all try to reboot themselves, and Horizon Zero Dawn tries to kick off a new RPG franchise. We go through some of the RPGs that excite us the most, talk a bit about the Switch's RPG prospects for the year, and ultimately pick our most anticipated RPG. Excited about an RPG that we missed? Tell us about it in the comments!

Also in this episode: Another Persona 4 Golden Report! A random discussion about Final Fantasy IV! And plenty more!

Where to find us (Subscribe, rate, and review!)

Show Description

Kat and Nadia conduct another Persona 4 Golden Report, talk some Final Fantasy IV, then settle into a discussion of the most interesting RPGs of 2017. Persona 5! Mass Effect Andromeda! Horizon Zero Dawn! South Park! Torment: Tides of Numenera! It's going to be another great year for RPGs, so join us as we talk about the ones we're looking forward to the most!

Geez, I wonder what's #1 :p
    Big Zelda fan, so very much looking forward to BotW (probably the Switch version).

I have DQ8 on pre-order.
    Very Bad news: It's happening in two weeks.
    Good news: Dragon Quest VIII is coming out in two weeks.
  • Avatar for SatelliteOfLove #4 SatelliteOfLove 9 months ago
    There's a very specific reason Kanji's whole arc played out that way: Japan subtext. A TON of this went over my head my first time playing it (I think I only got Chie and Yukiko's subtexts which were plenty blatant).

Thats why I said that he's gay and uses that to explore his reframing while I'm pretty sure Naoto's isn't trans but BOTH give many opportunies to see the mechanisms of bigotry itself without a codified narrative to that effect.

Naoto especially is a massive collection of situations like that.
    Of course, Nadia listens to Dragonforce.
    Fun show as always! Thanks!

I'm super pumped for Zelda
    In what appears to be a quiet year for Dark Souls and Bloodborne releases, Nioh looks to be very interesting.Edited January 2017 by craigLD
    After playing the demo, Nier Automata is on my radar big time. That's the RPG I'm most interested in after Breath of the Wild.

Comments