USgamer's RPG Podcast Talks Ni No Kuni 2 and Ponders Final Fantasy XV's Patches

AXE OF THE BLOOD GOD: And Nadia's back, too!

Article by Kat Bailey, .

Axe of the Blood God is our weekly RPG podcast hosted by Kat Bailey. You can find the previous episodes here.

In this week's episode of Axe of the Blood God (download link here), we talk about Ni No Kuni 2 and other PSX announcements, SD Gundam G Generation Genesis, and Final Fantasy XV's controversial patches. And Nadia's back, too!

I've already said my piece about Final Fantasy XV's patches, but I reiterate some of my thoughts on the podcast. I think there's room to criticize developers who lean heavily on post-release patches, but I consider Final Fantasy XV a relatively minor offender compared to, say, No Man's Sky. Even with the patch, Chapter 13 is unlikely to be fun. Sorry!

Also in this episode: I share my thoughts on SD Gundam G Generation Genesis! For the three or four of who care, you're in luck. Short version: You should buy it! Find out why in the podcast!

Where to find us (Subscribe, rate, and review!)

Show Description

Nadia returns to the show to share some opening thoughts on Persona 4 Golden, speculate on Ni No Kuni 2, and take a dice into SD Gundam Generation Genesis. Then it's back to Final Fantasy XV as the pair read your thoughts and discuss the Square Enix's decision to patch certain elements of the story.

Damn I loved Ni No Kuni. One of the few RPG's I really enjoyed in the last 5 years.
    nice, ni no kuni talk, will there be hate or praise, can't wait to find out.
  • Avatar for SatelliteOfLove #3 SatelliteOfLove 2 months ago
    MANGOD has been shown via his YM2612 hate to have bad taste. It is known.

@detten17

It was just so...bland aside from them visuals and music.
    @SatelliteOfLove

Hmm. During the PS3 Era I was in a personal JRPG drought, and although I see the flaws in Ni No Kuni it was some comfort for me, I'm curious about the sequels combat b/c from the trailers it seems to have dropped the monster battling.
  • Avatar for The-Challenger #5 The-Challenger 2 months ago
    Ni No Kuni is still a better game than El Shaddai.
  • Avatar for JetSetRennie #6 JetSetRennie 2 months ago
    Yeah loved Ni NO Kuni, despite the slightly clunky battle system. Feel that the general consensus was far more positive than Kat seems to think.
    Dangit, I should've bought SD Gundam by now, but I'm still not willing to spend $70 on a single video game yet.
    It was either this or the last one, there was talk/questions on seatbelts in Japan.

To answer the question no one needed to be answered, you have to wear seatbelts in the front of the car, but not the back.
    Nadia was thinking of Advance of Zeta, which I didn't know was ripping off Watership Down. I only knew of the series bc of the Hobby Japan back issues I would buy from Kinokuniya.
    @riderkicker Ah, thank you! Though I'd say "homage" rather than rip off ... not that I'd object to a scene-by-scene retelling of Watership Down with Gundams.

Comments