Zelda: Breath of the Wild Gives The Greatest Reward For Collecting Every Korok

If you collect all 900 Korok seeds, you get something shiny.

News by Mike Williams, .

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild offers up a few collectible challenges, one of them involving the 900 collectible Korok seeds you can find in the world. Handing the seeds over to the excitable forest spirit Hestu allowing players to upgrade their inventory space. So what sort of magical costume or weapon do you get for completing this monumental task?

Yep.

Reddit user xFateAwaitsx has found every seed, allowing him to upgrade his inventory space to maximum size. Handing over the last seed has Hestu do his rocking dance, before he gives you an item called Hestu's Gift.

Which looks to be a bit of golden crap.

"A gift of friendship given to you by Hestu. It smells pretty bad," says the item's description.

There is currently no use for Hestu's Gift, beyond the marker of you finally completing your quest. Maybe there is another use. Maybe it's a joke. Maybe it's Nintendo commentary on open world collecting quests. Sometime, the journey is the point, not the destination.

Thats awesome. It looks likes the golden shit that everyone is dying over in American Dad.
    I read somewhere that the item can make Hestu dance on request.
    That is amazing!

Nintendo's troll status confirmed!

Also, heads up, you can max out all your inventory with 441 seeds, so don't go insane trying to collect all 900 unless you want the golden poop!
  • Avatar for VotesForCows #4 VotesForCows 3 months ago
    @Modern-Clix You're talking as if people might not want a golden poop. What gives?!
    I'm going with it being commentary, myself.
    If I ever do get around to buying a Switch, and then end up getting Zelda, I'm actually pretty sure I'll end up with a shiny turd for my efforts. I'm exactly the sort of person who'd enjoy pottering around, following whatever the quest indicator is, for an hour or two's play session...
  • Avatar for Tetragrammaton #6 Tetragrammaton 3 months ago
    Objection!

Something like 450 seeds are required to max out inventory space. There is double that amount in game to allow people to max out their inventory by stumbling across the puzzles naturally.
    Guys.... I've found like 80 of these guys.... I DIDN'T KNOW THERE WERE 900!

I should start a new save file. Who needs 80 hours of progress and 105 completed shrines when I can earn a golden poo!!
    Wait, there are 900 of these things? Oh, glory of glories, I'm gonna be so busy with this quest.
    @Frosty840 Yeah about that. The game doesn't really have quest indicators or waypoints. It's freaking glorious.
    I love how it's a key item, so you can't even drop it off a cliff somewhere and forget you ever got it.
  • Avatar for brionfoulke91 #12 brionfoulke91 3 months ago
    @Wellman2nd I hated that lobster quest! But lobsters are my personal symbol so I felt compelled to complete it! Curse collectible quests!

Comments