- About USgamer
- USgamer is an online entertainment, education and information service operated and owned by Gamer Network Limited ("USgamer").
- These terms and conditions ("Terms") apply to all and any use of the web site available at USgamer and its Content ("net").
- USgamer and references to USgamer include the Content, which is made up of and includes:
- any and all publications, podcasts, broadcasts, videos or other content produced by or for USgamer and made available for download from USgamer ("Produced Content")
- any and all articles, reviews, comments, postings, emails, messages and other content and communications uploaded, submitted, transmitted, posted or otherwise made available by third party users to or using USgamer or any message board or similar services run or made available on or through USgamer ("User Content").
- By using USgamer you represent, undertake and confirm that you understand, accept and are able to understand and accept these Terms and agree to be bound by these Terms.
- If you do not accept or understand these Terms you should not use USgamer or any part of it. That includes without limitation by using, posting or accessing the Content.
- If you are under the age of 18 or donÕt understand these Terms or their meaning, please ask a parent or guardian to explain them and their meaning to you.
- USgamer may make alterations to these Terms from time to time and these variations shall become effective immediately upon being accessible from http://www.usgamer.net/terms
- You may be required to set up an account in order to use certain features of USgamer, including setting up a username and password.
- Any username and password issued to you is personal to you, so that you can use and access USgamer.
- You must not disclose your username and password to any third party without USgamer's prior written consent nor let anyone other than you use your account.
- You are and shall remain responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your username, password and account.
- You are and shall remain responsible for all activities that occur using your username, password and account.
- Use of USgamer
- You MAY download and use USgamer and the Content on it solely for your private, non-commercial, personal use via the internet only.
- USgamer grants you a non-exclusive, limited licence to download and use USgamer and the Content solely for your private, non-commercial, personal use only via the Internet.
- These Terms and the rights granted by them do not grant you any title or ownership in USgamer or any Content and should not be construed as a sale or transfer of any copyright or other right.
- You may not transfer, sub license or deal in these right without USgamerÕs prior written permission.
- You agree not to:
- use USgamer or any Content for any commercial or business purpose;
- include contact details intended to facilitate communication of any sort (email address, postal address, phone number, web address etc.) in any User Content;
- use your access to USgamer, or information gathered from it, for the sending of unsolicited bulk email or any spam;
- process or otherwise use the information contained on or within USgamer or any Content for any illegal or immoral purpose or use or process the same unfairly.
- Intellectual Property Rights and USgamer and Content
- By "Intellectual Property Rights" what we mean is all ownership rights and interests in copyright, design right, database right, patents and any rights to inventions, know-how, trade and business names, trade secrets and trade marks (whether registered or unregistered) and any applications therefore and other like rights.
- All Intellectual Property Rights in the USgamer web site design and software and all Produced Content belong to and vest in USgamer, or are licensed to USgamer unless otherwise specified. All such rights of USgamer are hereby asserted and reserved.
- In respect of USgamer (including the Content) you shall not:
- provide hypertext links, URL Links, graphic links, hyperlinks or other direct connection for profit or gain to them without USgamerÕs prior written permission;
- display, publish, copy, print, post or otherwise use it and the information contained therein for the benefit of any third party or web site without USgamerÕs prior written consent;
- hack, attempt to hack, modify, adapt, merge, translate, distribute, transmit, use, re-use, re-post, disassemble, decompile or reverse engineer or create derivative works out of USgamer or any Content or information contained in it, for any purpose other than as expressly permitted above unless expressly permitted by applicable law;
- remove, disable, modify, add to or tamper with any program code or data, copyright, trademark or other proprietary notices and legends;
- create software which mimics data or functionality in USgamer;
- use or deal in it except as permitted by these Terms.
- You agree to comply with the USgamer 'code of conduct' available at http://www.usgamer.net/code-of-conduct all other applicable rules available on USgamer.
- You must retain all copyright notices and other proprietary notices contained on USgamer and the Content.
- All third party Intellectual Property Rights are the property of their respective owners and USgamer makes no warranty or representation in relation thereto.
- Forum and User Content
- USgamer is an entertainment, education and information service and ancillary to this USgamer is involved in the transmission, hosting, caching, storage, retrieval and dealing with User Content (including third party communications) without review, selection or alteration of their content - for which it is a mere conduit.
- The views expressed in any User Content are the views of the individual authors and not those of USgamer unless specified otherwise by USgamer.
- USgamer is not responsible for and disclaims all liability in respect of any comments, views or remarks expressed in any User Content.
- By using USgamer you acknowledge that USgamer has no responsibility to review the content of any User Content and that all User Content is made available on the basis that USgamer is not required to and does not exercise any control or judgment concerning its content.
- Notwithstanding the foregoing, USgamer shall be entitled to remove or reject any User Content and remove or suspend your ability to access, upload, submit, transmit, post or otherwise place User Content on or through USgamer for any reason.
- You agree and undertake that you will not upload, submit, transmit, post or otherwise place User Content nor make any communication or post to or transmit to USgamer any statement or material that:
- is unlawful or which gives rise to civil or criminal liability;
- promotes any illegal or unlawful activity;
- infringes any copyright or other intellectual property right of any third party or assists infringement or piracy;
- includes any computer virus, worms, logic bombs or other malicious software or technically harmful data;
- is abusive, pornographic, defamatory, discriminatory or obscene;
- harasses any person;
- markets or promotes any third party;
- which seeks or attempts to make any arrangement to meet a child under the age of 16 or which may have such a meeting as its object or effect;
- contains any restricted material, including but not limited to passwords, medical information or confidential information of any person; or
- solicits, invites, encourages, advocates, incites or provokes any or all of the foregoing.
It is a known risk of internet usage that people are not necessarily who they say they are. People may provide information or behave in a way that is unreliable, misleading, unlawful or illegal. USgamer has no way of telling if statements made by other users are true. This is a decision that can only be made by you. You should therefore exercise some degree of caution when using any web site. By using USgamer and its services you accept that this is the case and accept that you therefore use USgamer at your own risk. PLEASE TAKE PARTICULAR CARE IN RELATION TO THE DISCLOSURE OF YOUR OWN PERSONAL INFORMATION SUCH AS YOUR SURNAME, ADDRESS, EMAIL ADDRESS, TELEPHONE NUMBER AND PLACES YOU GO.
- You will be responsible for any User Content that you upload, submit, transmit, post or otherwise place on or through USgamer and you accept that full responsibility and liability for that Content rests solely with you. USgamer shall have no liability in relation thereto.
- By uploading, submitting, transmitting, posting or otherwise placing any User Content on or through USgamer you expressly agree and confirm that:
- you are not a minor or else have your parentÕs or guardianÕs permission to do so on these Terms;
- your User Content may be used on and in connection with USgamer;
- your username may be advertised and used in connection with any User Content you submit or make available;
- you grant to USgamer the non-exclusive, irrevocable, worldwide, perpetual, royalty free right and licence to use such User Content on and / or in connection with USgamer and to give all consents (if any) which USgamer requires including under copyright and other intellectual property, data protection and privacy laws world wide, for that use only;
- you agree that USgamer may use, publish, edit, modify and adapt your User Content for any and all purposes relating to USgamer and the business of USgamer and you hereby grant it an unrestricted non-exclusive licence to do so and waive all so called moral rights in your User Content.
- you own or have proper licenses, permissions and other consents in place in respect of all features and resources used in the User Content you submit or make available;
- the User Content you submit or make available and the use of it as envisaged by these Terms does not and will not infringe any third party Intellectual Property Rights or other rights;
- you are entitled to submit it and make it available for use as envisaged by these Terms and you are not under any contractual or other obligations preventing you from doing so;
- you have received all necessary permissions and consent required for the use by USgamer, as described in these Terms, of any User Content you submit or make available;
- that you have not granted any other person any rights that are inconsistent with the rights granted above.
- USgamer provides and maintains USgamer for personal information, education and entertainment, on an "as is" basis
- USgamer shall be liable only to provide its services with reasonable skill and care and gives no other warranty in connection with USgamer or any Content.
- Third party web sites and online services to which USgamer links ("External Sites") have not been verified or reviewed by USgamer.
- All use and access of External Sites is made at your own risk.
- USgamer gives no warranty in connection with USgamer other than as expressly stated and to the maximum extent permitted by law, USgamer excludes liability for:
- any loss or damage of any kind howsoever arising, including without limitation any direct, indirect, special, punitive or consequential loss whether or not such arises out of any problem which USgamer has been made aware of;
- the accuracy, currency or validity of the information and material contained within any Content or USgamer;
- any interruptions to or delays in updating USgamer;
- any incorrect or inaccurate information on USgamer;
- the infringement by any person of any copyright or other intellectual property rights of any third party through any User Content or use of USgamer;
- the availability, quality, content or nature of External Sites;
- any transaction involving External Sites;
- any amount or kind of loss or damage due to viruses or other malicious software that may infect a user's computer equipment, software, data or other property caused by persons accessing, using or downloading USgamer, or any User Content;
- all representations, warranties, conditions and other Terms which but for this notice would have effect.
- USgamer does not warrant that the operation of USgamer will be uninterrupted or error free.
- USgamer will not be liable in any amount for failure to perform any obligation under this agreement if such failure is caused by the occurrence of any unforeseen contingency beyond its the reasonable control including without limitation Internet outages, communications outages, fire, flood, war or act of God.
- Except as provided above there are no other warranties, conditions or other Terms, express or implied, statutory or otherwise, and all such Terms are hereby excluded to the maximum extent permitted by law.
- These Terms above are subject to your statutory and common law consumer rights and shall not limit any rights you might have as a consumer that may not be excluded under applicable law nor shall it exclude or limit USgamer's liability for death or personal injury resulting from its negligence nor any fraudulent representation.
- You agree that in relation to your use of USgamer you will not in any way conduct yourself in a manner which is unlawful or which gives rise to civil or criminal liability or which might call into disrepute USgamer.
- You agree that you are and shall remain responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and membership account and for all activities that occur under your account.
- You hereby indemnify, defend and hold USgamer and USgamer's affiliates and USgamer's officers, directors, owners, agents, information providers, affiliates, licensers and licensees (collectively, the "Indemnified Parties") harmless from and against any and all liability and costs (including reasonable attorneys fees) incurred by the Indemnified Parties in connection with any claim arising out of any breach by you of these Terms or claims arising from your use of USgamer, any User Content and any use of your membership account. You shall use your best efforts to cooperate with USgamer in the defense of any claim. USgamer reserves the right, at USgamer's own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you.
- Without limiting any other rights it may have USgamer may remove, restrict, cancel or suspend access to and use of USgamer and Content or other any part of it, if it considers (in its sole discretion) that you have breached any of these Terms. Termination shall be without prejudice to the accrued rights of USgamer.
- Except as provided above there are no other warranties, conditions or other terms, express or implied, statutory or otherwise, and all such terms are hereby excluded to the maximum extent permitted by law (but subject to your statutory and common law consumer rights).
- USgamer acts as principal on its own account and not as agent for you or any other person.
- If USgamer does not enforce any provision of this agreement such will not be considered a waiver of any provision or right.
- In the event that any part of these terms and conditions is held to be unenforceable, such part will at USgamerÕs option be construed as far as possible to reflect the partiesÕ intentions and the remainder of the provisions will remain in full force and effect.
- These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and USgamer and shall apply to the exclusion of all other terms or conditions of contract which you may purport to propose.
- Reference to the word "include" and "including" shall mean and be read as "include without limitation" and "including without limitation" in these Terms.
- Use of USgamer and these Terms are subject to the laws of England which shall exclusively govern the interpretation, application and effect of all the above permissions, exclusions, licenses and conditions of use and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of England and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- USgamer is intended for and directed at the UK and no representation or warranty is made as to whether USgamer complies with the regulatory regime and local laws of any other countries.
- By using USgamer you undertake that you have the necessary hardware, software and capability required for its use including in relation to Content email and web usage.
- About Gamer Network
All questions, comments or enquiries should be directed to USgamer at firstname.lastname@example.org
or via the form on USgamer http://www.usgamer.net/contact
Gamer Network Limited
1 Grand Parade
Gamer Network uses Google Analytics to measure anonymous information about our visitors, such as visit frequency, duration and approximate geographical location. Both first-party cookies and third-party cookies from Google's DoubleClick ad network are also used to give us some broad demographic information about our visitors, such as age and interests, if they are available. Again, all of this information is completely anonymous and is used purely to help us align our content and advertising better with our audience.
If you would like to opt out of being tracked with Google Analytics, you can visit Google's opt-out page.
Links to affiliate retailers
We sometimes link to retailers (e.g. Amazon) and receive money from any purchases made. These links do not influence editorial decisions in any way. They only appear in articles related to the product in question and use neutral language, for example: "Order [this product] from Amazon.”