The QB is said to be one of the difficult positions to play in all of sports, and this is definitely the case in Madden 19. In this Madden 19 QB ratings guide, we'll be detailing everything you need to know about the very best Madden 19 QBs in the entire game, including players like Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady, as well as what you need to be on the lookout for when assessing the statistics of a quarterback.
But if you instead need help with anything else on the latest iteration of Madden, you’ll want to check out our full Madden 19 guides hub. It’s here that we’ll be walking you through the essential trips and tricks for both your offense and defence in the game, as well as detailing all the changes that EA has made to the gameplay this year.
Madden 19 Best QB Ratings Guide
It goes without saying that the QB is one of the most important parts of your Madden 19 team. Although EA has definitely put more of a focus on the run game over recent years, your team will always suffer without a solid passer under center. Just below, we’ll be detailing the top 15 quarterbacks in Madden 19, ranking them by the overall ratings that EA has assigned to each player.
Madden 19 Best Quarterbacks
- 1: Aaron Rodgers (97 OVR) - Despite only one Super Bowl ring to his name at age 34, Rodgers is still undisputed as one of the best overall passers in the league. Boasting the second highest throw power value in the game at 97, and excellent 98 short, 94 mid, and 88 deep accuracy ratings, Rodgers is deserving as one of the two best QBs in Madden 19.
- 2: Tom Brady (97 OVR) - Arguably the best QB in the game coming off his fifth Super Bowl victory, Brady is as deadly as ever. The Patriots QB has amazing short and mid accuracy ratings at 99 and 97 respectively, while also having a 99 play action rating, which basically means there no situation where he isn’t a threat.
- 3: Drew Brees (92 OVR) - Brees is the definitive pocket passer QB, coupling a throw power rating of 90 with a throw under pressure rating of 97, meaning he’s never phased when the pocket nears collapse.
- 4: Matt Ryan (90 OVR) - Another pocket passer QB with a wicked arm, Ryan has a play action rating of 95, a throw under pressure rating of 94, and a throw power rating of 94.
- 5: Cam Newton (88 OVR) - Another dual threat QB, Cam has a break sack rating of 98, coupled with a monster throw power stat of 97.
- 6: Russell Wilson (88 OVR) - The definition of the ‘dual threat’ QB, Wilson has a speed rating of 86, but he doesn't’ sacrifice arm power for this, having a throw power rating of 93, and a throw on the run rating of 96.
- 7: Patrick Mahomes (87 OVR) - Who saw this coming before the season? Mahomes has taken the league by storm, and features 87 short accuracy, and 84 ratings for both mid and deep accuracy.
- 8: Philip Rivers (87 OVR) - A throw under pressure rating of 95, and a play action rating of 94 makes Rivers one of the more reliable passers in the league.
- 9: Carson Wentz (86 OVR) - A throw power rating of 94, along with high 80’s ratings in all the throwing categories, makes Wentz one of the best young QBs in the league by a mile.
- 10: Jared Goff (85 OVR) - Goff has some pretty surprising ratings for accuracy, with 90, 84, and 79 stats in short, mid, and deep accuracy, respectively.
- 11: Andrew Luck (85 OVR) - Luck is a reliable passer with a 92 throw power stat, coupled with the ability to break out of the pocket and run downfield, with a speed rating of 83.
- 12: Ben Roethlisberger (84 OVR) - Big Ben is one of the toughest QBs in the league, boasting a break sack rating of 88. He’s also got some solid throw rating with 91 short, 86 mid, and 82 deep accuracy stats.
- 13: Alex Smith (84 OVR) - Smith doesn't exactly have the strongest arm in the league with a throw power rating of 88, but he is accurate, with a 94 rating in short accuracy, and 83 ratings for mid and deep accuracy throwing.
- 14: Matthew Stafford (84 OVR) - With the highest throw power rating in Madden 19 at 98, Stafford has an arm to be reckoned with. Backing that up, he's got 87, 82, and 81 ratings in short, mid, and deep accuracy ratings, as well as a rating of 88 for throw on the run.
- 15: Kirk Cousins (83) - Despite struggles in the early goings of the season, Cousins is still one of the better QBs in the league, with a 92 rating in throw power.
These are obviously the QB ratings in Madden 19 as things stand right now, but things can always change once the 2018/19 NFL season kicks off in September. Should any of the rankings or overall ratings for the players above change at all, we’ll be sure to update this guide straight away.
Now that we’re all done with this particular Madden 19 guide on the best QBs in the game, head over to our Madden 19 rookie ratings guide, where we’ll be ranking the top 5 rookie players at every offensive skill position on the field.