No matter how many scores you're up by in Madden 19, you're always going to want to have a few solid defensive plays to rely on. In this Madden 19 defensive money plays page, we'll be taking you through a complete list of all the best Madden 19 defensive plays in the game.
If you instead need anything else to do with EA’s latest iteration of the Madden franchise, you’ll want to head over to our Madden 19 guides hub. It’s in this page that you can find all the information you need about all the new changes that EA has made to the passing and running game of Madden 19, as well as any defensive adjustments made this year.
Best Madden 19 Defensive Money Plays
Just below, we've split up our guide to the best defensive plays by the formations that they fall into in Madden 19. There's a host of plays from nearly every single formation in the game, so you've always got a few plays to rely on no matter which playbook you're using.
Madden 19 4-3 Scheme Money Plays
- 4-3: Cover 6 - This play is a great one for some lockdown coverage. You’ll want to control the corner on the right of the field, and basically patrol that side of the field, since zones can take care of the left.
- 4-4: Monster Green - Although this is a blitz play, it doesn’t leave you exposed in the backfield. We’d recommend controlling the middle linebacker, and try to support the purple coverage zones to either side of you.
- 46: Cover 2 Invert - With this zone play, you’ll basically have all of the back half of the field covered. We’d recommend playing the middle cornerback of the group, patrolling the center of the field.
Madden 19 3-4 Scheme Money Plays
- 3-4: Pinch Buck 0 - Out of the Under formation comes this brutal blitz play, perhaps the best blitz in the entire playbook if you're looking to stuff a short run.
- 3-4: Clamp Double Go - From the Solid formation you can find this blitz play, which actually offers some decent zone coverage, especially if you manually play any of the deep zone corners.
Madden 19 Big Nickel Money Plays
- Big Nickel: Cover 6 Invert - Just like the previous Cover 6 play, this is another fantastic play for some zones that spread right across the field.
- Big Nickel: Cover Contain 2 - This is a solid play to select if you need blanket coverage of the field. It’s also a good play to choose if you’re playing someone who likes to take off and run downfield with the QB, since it has that contain zone in the middle.
Madden 19 Dime Money Plays
- Dime: Cover 3 Buzz Match - This is a great coverage play from the Dime formation, and in case you’re unaware, the Dime formation always prioritises cornerbacks on the field, over linebackers.
- Dime: Fox Fire Zone Press - If you can move the blitzing cornerback down to the line of scrimmage before the ball is snapped, this should be an excellent blitz play for you.
- Dime: 3 Double Sky - The same applies for this play, except this time you’ll have two blitzing cornerbacks to move down to the line. We’d recommend controlling one of the safeties that cover either side of the field.
- Dime: Cover 6 Show 4 - This play should have the vast majority of the field covered with zones, but we’d manually play the cornerback on the right side of the field, moving backwards while patrolling the sidelines.
This might be it for our complete guide to the best defensive money plays in Madden 19, but we’ll be updating our guide with additional plays whenever we uncover them. For now though, you can head over to our best Madden 19 offensive plays guide, for a complete list of money plays on the other side of the ball.