Anthem puts a real focus on storytelling in its campaign, often presenting the gathering of lore as a vital part of the experience. There is one major outlier though in the mission structure, and that is the Legionnaires Challenges quest. It tasks players with opening up four tombs in order to progress the story. The problem is, opening them involves little more than completing a fairly hefty laundry list of tasks. They range from killing enemies in a certain way, to opening up treasure chests strewn around the open world. To help you clear through the mission as quickly as possible, we’ve put together this Anthem Tomb of the Legionnaires Challenges Guide. We’ll list all of the Challenges you’ll need to complete, and provide a walkthrough for the mission.
If you’re looking for more on Anthem, be sure to check out our Anthem Guides Hub. It’s where we’ll be collecting all of our Anthem Guides Content, from weapons breakdowns, to a look at the best builds for each Javelin.
Anthem Legionnaires Challenges
There are four main parts to the Legionnaires Challenges quest in Anthem. They are very similar, in that you’ll need to track down four tombs and then complete challenges to open them. It’s a little boring, but you can work through them quickly if you know what to do. Check out each set of Challenges below:
Anthem Tomb of Cariff Challenges
The first Tomb on the list is the Tomb of Califf. In order to complete this portion of the Legionnaires Challenges, you’ll need to complete the following tasks:
- Missions (3) - to tick this one off the list, complete missions for folks at Fort Tarsis. World Events also count, which is probably the easiest way to go about this.
- Gear defeats (30) - This one involves killing enemies using your gear. This is essentially abilities tied to your RB/R1 and LB/L1 attacks. Just throw grenades into groups, and set up combos as you do so.
- Multi-kills (3) - This one can be tough to pull off. Basically, you need to get 3 separate instances of Multi-Kills. This means killing 8 enemies with a 10-second timeout between each.
- Combo triggers (15) - Combos are extremely important if you want to be taking on more difficult enemies. Anthem doesn’t do a great job at explaining the combo system. Luckily, we’ve got you covered, just head to our Anthem combos guide.
Anthem Tomb of Yvenia Challenges
The next Tomb on our list is the Tomb of Yvenia. It’s a little easier than the last one, as it essentially just involves exploring and grabbing collectibles. Let’s take a look at the full list of challenges for the Tomb of Yvenia:
- Open Treasure Chests (15) - This one can be a little time consuming if you don’t know where to look. Just head into Freeplay and check out the locations detailed in our Anthem Treasure Chest Guide.
- Harvests (25) - for this challenge, head into Freeplay and fly around looking for resources to harvest. They’re pretty plentiful, so it shouldn’t be too much of a hassle.
- Javelin Repairs (3) - You’ll likely want to get into a squad for this one, but it’s pretty straightforward.
- Collectibles (10) - Collectibles are notes, locations and glowing symbols that you’ll find while exploring.
Anthem Tomb of Artinia Challenges
Next up is the Tomb of Artinia. This one is pretty easy to get, as all of the tasks can be accomplished by grinding out World Events.
- World Events (5) - head into Freeplay and look out for purple waypoints indicating World Events.
- Weapon Defeats (30) - Kill enemies with your guns.
- Weak Point Defeats (30) - aim for the head
- Elite defeats (9) - While grinding out World Events, you’ll frequently bump into Elite enemies
Anthem Tomb of Gawnes Challenges
Finally, we have the Tomb of Gawnes. Again, grinding out World Events is a great way to complete these tasks, and the Colossus is a great Javelin to use. Let’s take a look at the full list of Tomb of Gawnes Challenges.
- Melee Defeats (50) - just defeat enemies with melee attacks, the Colossus and the Interceptor are great choices here.
- Ultimate Defeats (50) - use your Ultimate to take down 50 enemies.
- Legendary Defeats (3) - these enemies often spawn at the end of World Events. They can be tough, but hammer their shields and then unleash your Ultimate to make short work of them.
Anthem Legionnaires Challenges Bugged - Progress Reset
One of the most prevalent issues in Anthem is related to the Legionnaires Challenges quest. The quest is supposed to start tallying your progress towards each challenge from level 3, though for many, you have to start from scratch after picking up the quest. Unfortunately there is no fix for this, though BioWare did address its prevalence in the Day One patch. You might load in to find your progress reset, though hopefully you can grind it out quickly. We’ll be sure to add a fix here if one is released.
That’s everything you need to know about the Anthem Legionnaires Challenges. For more on the game, why not check out Anthem’s cast in our Anthem voice actors guide. There’s also our look at Anthem Ember Farming.