Fortnite Challenges are one of the key parts of the game, that bring fresh and different tasks and rewards to the game each and every week, as long as you own the Fortnite Battle Pass. In this Fortnite Challenges guide, we’ll be walking you through all the Fortnite Weekly and Daily Challenges, as well as explaining the challenge reset timer that governs all the rewards and tasks you can undertake.
If you instead need anything else on Fortnite Battle Royale, including how to get to grips with the fast paced combat of the game, as well as how to find all the biggest and most powerful weapons scattered throughout the Battle Royale map, make sure to head over to our Fortnite guides hub.
Fortnite Challenges Guide
Firstly, what are the Fortnite Challenges that you can undertake? There are two types of Fortnite Challenges for players to take on in the game: Daily, and Weekly. Absolutely anyone can access the Daily Challenges (which reset every 24 hours), but if you want to undertake the more rewarding and difficult Weekly Challenges, you’ll need to purchase the Fortnite Battle Pass, through either the PSN Store or the Xbox Live Store.
The Daily Challenges, which can be accessed by anyone playing Fortnite, are typically quicker and easier to complete than the Weekly Challenges. Having said this, the Daily Challenges offer less XP and Battle Stars than if you were to undertake all the Weekly Challenges, hence why they’re easier and quicker to complete.
With Fortnite Season 4 having just gone live as of May 1, 2018, there are a bunch of brand new Daily and Weekly Challenges to access, provided you've shelled out for the new Battle Pass. For a full walkthrough of everything that's new in the season, head over to our Fortnite Season 4 guide.
Fortnite Daily Challenges Guide
The Daily Challenges in Fortnite, which can be accessed by players with and without the Battle Pass, are all combat orientated. There will always be three Daily Challenges available for you to undertake, and all three will task you with either killing a certain number of players with a particular weapon, or finishing within the top few players at the end of a match.
For each Fortnite Daily Challenge that you complete, you’ll be rewarded with 500 Season XP and five Battle Stars. This might be a lot less than what you’d earn from completing the Weekly Challenges, but the Daily Challenges are designed to be completed fairly quickly.
But what time will the Daily Challenges for all Fortnite players around the globe reset? The three challenges available to all players will reset at the times just below, listed by region:
- 4 pm PST
- 7 pm EST
- 12 am BST
- 1 am CEST
Fortnite Weekly Challenges Guide
These beefier challenges are exclusive to the Fortnite players who own the Battle Pass, and they’re easily divided up into three categories, which we’ve outlined just below:
- Action Challenges - Quite possibly the easiest type of challenge in Fortnite, the action-based challenges will require you to use a certain weapon or tool a number of times. Keep in mind that this can be spread over as many matches as necessary, so you don’t need to, for example, kill fifty players will an assault rifle in a single game of Fortnite.
- Location Challenges - These location challenges can be both difficult and time consuming, and challenge you to search in a very specific location shown to you by a treasure map. These challenges are by no means easy to complete, and you’ll have to start by tracking down the treasure map before you can even think about uncovering the treasure for yourself.
- Chest Challenges - Finally, the chest-type challenges will require you to uncover and loot a certain amount of chests (usually seven) within a particular named location on the Battle Royale map. This can be incredibly difficult, as although the challenge is spread across as many games as you need, you’ll need to fend off other players who are also attempting to uncover chests for themselves.
Now that you know all the three types of Weekly Challenges for Fortnite Battle Royale, check out our complete list of every Weekly Challenge in the game to date, just below. Keep in mind that we’ll be updating this page every Thursday, when brand new challenges for the game go live.
Fortnite Season 4 Week 1 Challenges
- Deal damage with sniper rifles to opponents (250).
- Search chests in Haunted Hills (7).
- Use a Port-a-Fort.
- Search F-O-R-T-N-I-T-E Letters (8).
- Follow the Treasure Map Found in Tomato Town (Hard).
- Pistol eliminations (3/Hard).
- Eliminate opponents in Flush Factory (3/Hard).
Fortnite Week 10 Challenges
- Search chests in Fatal Fields (7).
- Deal headshot damage to opponents (250).
- Search chests in different named locations (12).
- Skydive through floating rings (10).
- Search between a stone circle, wooden bridge, and red RV.
- Eliminate opponents (10).
- Eliminate opponents in Pleasant Park (3).
Fortnite Week 9 Challenges
- Deal damage to opponent’s structures (5000).
- Search chests in Haunted Hills (7).
- Build structures (250).
- Visit different Taco Shops in a single match (3).
- Follow the treasure map found in Moisty Mire.
- Shotguns eliminations (4).
- Eliminate opponents in Lucky Landing (3).
Fortnite Week 8 Challenges
- Use a Vending Machine.
- Deal damage with explosive weapons to opponents (500).
- Search chests in Snobby Shores (7).
- Dance on different Dance Floors (3).
- Search between three boats.
- Assault rifle eliminations (5).
- Eliminate opponents in Dusty Depot (3).
Fortnite Week 7 Challenges
- Search chests in Lonely Lodge (7).
- Deal damage with shotguns to opponents (1000).
- Search a chest, ammo box, and supply drop in a single match.
- Search the Hidden Gnome in different named locations (7).
- Follow the treasure map in Retail Row.
- Suppressed weapon eliminations (3).
- Eliminate opponents in Shifty Shafts (3).
Fortnite Week 6 Challenges
- Deal damage with SMGs to opponents (500).
- Search chests in Anarchy Acres (7).
- Place a Cozy Campfire.
- Summit different mountain peaks (10).
- Search between a metal bridge, three billboards, and a crashed bus.
- Explosive weapon eliminations (3).
- Eliminate opponents in Retail Row (3).
Fortnite Week 5 Challenges
- Use a Bush.
- Search chests in Moisty Mire (7).
- Deal damage with a pickaxe to opponents (200).
- Visit different Gas Stations (3).
- Follow the treasure map found in Anarchy Acres.
- Pistol eliminations (3).
- Eliminate opponents in Tilted Towers (3).
Fortnite Week 4 Challenges
- Deal damage with sniper rifles to opponents (500).
- Search chests in Flush Factory (7).
- Search supply drops (3).
- Visit different Ice Cream Trucks (5).
- Search between a vehicle tower, rock sculpture, and a circle of hedges.
- Trap eliminations (1).
- Eliminate opponents in Tomato Town (3).
Fortnite Week 3 Challenges
- Harvest building resources with a pickaxe (3000).
- Deal damage with suppressed weapons to opponents (500).
- Search chests in Junk Junction (7).
- Land on different Bullseyes (7).
- Follow the treasure map found in Snobby Shores.
- Crossbow eliminations (1).
- Eliminate opponents in Salty Springs (3).
Fortnite Week 2 Challenges
- Use a launchpad.
- Deal damage with assault rifles to opponents (1000).
- Search chests in Wailing Woods (7).
- Dance in different forbidden locations (5).
- Search between a pool, windmill, and an umbrella.
- SMG eliminations (3).
- Eliminate opponents in Greasy Grove (3).
Fortnite Week 1 Challenges
- Deal damage with pistols to opponents (500).
- Search chests in Pleasant Park (7).
- Revive players (5).
- Visit a llama, fox, and a crab.
- Follow the treasure map found in Dusty Depot.
- Sniper rifle eliminations (2).
- Eliminate opponents in Fatal Fields (3).
This might be a comprehensive list of all the Fortnite Weekly Challenges found in Season 3 of the game, but what time do the new Weekly Challenges go live around the world? Check out our complete reset times for the challenges on Tuesdays just below:
- 2 am PST
- 5 am EST
- 10 am BST
- 11 am CEST
This concludes our Fortnite Challenges guide, but head over to our Fortnite Season 4 primer guide, where we’ll be detailing everything we know about the upcoming season for the game so far.