In Dragon Quest Builders 2, you're going to be building up towns and settlements from scratch as you progress through the main story portion of the game. In doing this, you'll be trying to please the local population by planting as many crops as possible, building up houses, and generally making life easier for them. In our Dragon Quest Builders 2 base level guide, we'll be walking you through how to raise your base level in Dragon Quest Builders 2 as quickly as possible.
How to Increase Your Base Level in Dragon Quest Builders 2
Follow the simple steps below to increase your base level in Dragon Quest Builders 2.
- Build on all available blueprints.
- Get rid of all dead crops and other annoyances on the land.
- Plant a scarecrow and surround it with crops.
- Talk to villagers and complete any side quests.
- Collect all hearts from villagers.
- When the mater maxes out, smack the town bell.
Whenever you uncover a new town or settlement in Dragon Quest Builders, you need to get said town or settlement into a decent shape. This basically involves clearing the land of all debris, undertaking quests for the locals, and building crops and any available blueprints.
Every town and settlement in Dragon Quest Builders starts out at level 0. To increase this level, you're going to need to please the locals. Whenever a local is impressed with a job that you've done for them, they spew out a few heart items, which you need to collect. These heart items go towards levelling up the town, which you can see just under your HP/EXP bars in the top left corner of the screen.
Next to the level of the local town, you'll see a "X to go" indicator. This tells you how many more hearts you need to collect from the local population in order to level up the town. Once the meter is maxed out, and you've acquired all the hearts necessary to max out the meter, you need to run over to the local bell, and press X to whack it with your mallet, thus levelling up the local town.
So, what are the best ways to go about acquiring hearts in Dragon Quest Builders 2 as quickly as possible? Just below, we'll list out some of the best methods of raising the happiness meter of your town as quickly as you want.
- Always be on the lookout for quests. Anyone with a red exclamation marker above their head has a quest to offer. Complete a quest for the townsfolk, and they'll reward you with hearts.
- Make all the land available for planting. Using the hoe is essential for tilling the land, which allows you to free up any unused spaces for planting vegetables and other crops.
- Defend the townsfolk! Remember that when night falls, monsters can sometimes stray into the village. You'll want to take these creatures of the night out as soon as you possibly can.
- Building house is key. If you can successfully construct a house and adorn it with furnishings, like a bed, a light source, and decorations, then you'll earn the approval of the townsfolk with a mass offering of hearts for your efforts.
If it's more Dragon Quest Builders 2 content you're after, then USG has you sorted. You can check out our Dragon Quest Builders 2 Multiplayer guide, our Dragon Quest Builders 2 materials guide, our list of Dragon Quest Builders 2 recipes and Dragon Quest Builders 2 Room recipes, our Dragon Quest Builders 2 water guide, and our Dragon Quest Builders 2 soil guide, and more.