Fortnite Season 5 is roughly halfway through its total runtime right now, and there's plenty of challenges for you to complete. In this Fortnite Season 5 guide, we'll be detailing everything you need to know about the seasonal event so far, including a complete list of the Fortnite Season 5 Challenges, as well as all the Fortnite Season 5 skins that we know about so far.
But if you instead want a full guide to everything available right now in Fortnite Battle Royale, you’ll want to head over to our Fortnite Season 4 guides hub. Here you’ll be able to find a complete walkthrough guide for everything that was introduced back at the beginning of Season 4, so you’ve got an idea of the things to come in Season 5 for Fortnite.
Fortnite Season 5 Battle Pass Cost
Fortnite is an entirely free game to download and play, but you'll need to shell out if you want the Battle Pass. It's this Battle Pass that'll let you earn the majority of the new skins that are available in the latest season.
The latest Fortnite Battle Pass for Season 5 is now available for purchase on all platforms. This new Battle Pass will cost the same as always: 950 V-Bucks. This equals roughly around $10, since you'll have to purchase the V-Bucks 1,000 bundle, leaving you with some change left over.
When you first purchase the Season 5 Battle Pass, you'll earn the Drift and Huntress skins straight away, both of which you can see just below. You might remember that Fortnite Season 4's Battle Pass did something similar, rewarding you with 2 new skins straight away.
Fortnite's Birthday Event
To celebrate the first birthday of Fortnite, Epic is running special birthday challenges. You can get all the info on our Fortnite Birthday challenges page, and get a full guide on all the Fortnite Birthday cake locations.
Fortnite Season 5 Theme
Back when Fortnite Season 4 was on the horizon, there were tons of fan theories about the upcoming event doing the rounds. One of the more popular ones was that a comet in the sky would completely destroy Tilted Towers when the event began. This wasn’t what happened when Season 4 launched, as the comet instead largely hit Dusty Depot, turning it into Dusty Divot, with one main building in the middle of a huge crater.
As for what the theme of Fortnite Season 5 is, it's basically a mash up of different legends. For example there's the Ragnarok skin, which looks like something from Norse mythology, and then there's the ability for the Drift outfit to wear a special mask, which looks like something from an Egyptian setting.
For a complete walkthrough of the additional skins that you can earn over the course of this entire seasonal event in Battle Royale, head over to our Fortnite Season 5 skins guide.
Fortnite Season 5 Map Updates - New Locations
There are several new changes to the Fortnite map, now that Season 5 is here. Anarchy Acres has been entirely replaced with Lazy Links, as has Moisty Mire, with the entire location being replaced with a desert setting.
For a full walkthrough of all the brand new locations in the Fortnite map right now, including Lazy Links and Paradise Palms, head over to our Fortnite Season 5 map changes guide.
Fortnite Season 5 New Kart
Just below, you can see the brand new All-Terrain Kart for Fortnite Battle Royale. This was introduced in the v5.0 Update for the game, and can fit an entire team of 4 players inside, although it doesn't have much by way of protection.
Fortnite Season 5 Challenges
Challenges are back as ever for Fortnite Season 5. Just below, we'll be providing you with a complete list of every single challenge that's been revealed for Fortnite Season 5 so far, and we'll be updating the list every Thursda.
Season 5, Week 1 Challenges
- Deal damage with SMGs to opponents (500).
- Search a Supply Llama (1).
- Clinger Stink Bomb, or Grenade eliminations (3).
- Search chests in Snobby Shores (7).
- Search floating Lightning Bolts (7).
- Follow the treasure map found in Risky Reels.
- Eliminate opponents in Retail Row (3).
Season 5, Week 2 Challenges
- Deal 1,000 damage to opponents with assault rifles.
- Search seven ammo boxes in a single match (7).
- Eliminate opponents in Paradise Palms (3).
- Score a basket on different hoops (5).
- Search seven chests in Loot Lake (7).
- Search between an oasis, rock archway, and dinosaurs.
- Get two sniper rifle eliminations (2).
Season 5, Week 3 Challenges
- Deal damage to opponents in a single match (500).
- Use a Launchpad.
- Follow the treasure map in Flush Factory.
- Shoot a Clay Pigeon at different locations (5).
- Search chests in Fatal Fields (7).
- Explosive eliminations (3).
- Eliminate opponents in Haunted Hills (3).
Season 5, Week 4 Challenges
- Build structures (250).
- Jump through flaming hoops with a Shopping Cart or ATK (5).
- Eliminate opponents in Dusty Divot (3).
- Deal damage to sniper rifles with opponents (500).
- Search chests in Flush Factory (7).
- Search between a Gas Station, Soccer Pitch, and a Stunt Mount.
- Pistol eliminations (3).
For now though, you can head over to our best Fortnite skins page, which we’ll be updating once the new cosmetics for Season 5 have been revealed. You can also check out our Fortnite Week 1 Challenges guide, for a list of the debut weekly missions in Season 5.
This article may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and buy the product we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.