Yes Pokemon fans, the rumors are true. You can now get Alolan Pokemon in Pokemon GO. There's a few ways you can catch them and only some are currently available. To help you keep track of it all, we've put together this Pokemon GO Alolan Guide. It has a list of Alolan Pokemon that you can get in Pokemon GO, and how to get each one. We'll be keeping this page updated as more info is released, so be sure to check back often for more details.
Pokemon GO Shiny Alolan
As part of the year 3 Pokemon Go celebrations, Niantic has introduced a bunch of Alolan SHinies into Pokemon Go. You’ll have a chance of encountering the following Shiny Alolan Pokémon: Rattata, Sandshrew, Vulpix, Diglett, Meowth, Geodude, Grimer, and Exeggutor from now until the end of the year (2019).
Alolan Forms in Pokemon GO work the same as the base pokemon they are modelled after, and do not possess any bonuses or stat changes.
Pokemon GO Alolan List
There are currently only a handful of Alolan Forms available in Pokemon GO, each with its own way of acquiring it. We’ve pulled together a list of all the Alolan Pokemon you can get in Pokemon GO, and have included explanations as to how to get them.
- Alolan Exeggutor - This pokemon was the first Alolan form introduced into Pokemon GO. It was first added at the same time Let’s GO Pikachu and Eevee were announced, and was offered as a standard common encounter for a limited time. Now, it’s included as a Rare encounter in Pokemon GO.
- Alolan Vulpix - Random Hatching of 7km Eggs
- Alolan Ninetails - Random chance to obtain when evolving Vulpix, or from hatching an Egg
- Alolan Grimer - Random chance to receive from hatching 7km Egg
- Alolan Muk - Obtained by evolving Grimer or through Egg Hatching
- Alolan Meowth - Can be obtained from Hatching 7 or 10km Eggs
- Alolan Persian - Evolve Meowth for a rare chance of getting Alolan Persian. Can also be hatched from 10km Eggs
- Alolan Sandshrew - Hatched from 7km Eggs
- Alolan Sandslash - Can get from evolving Sandshrew, rare chance.
- Alolan Rattata - Has been spotted in the wild
- Alolan Ratticate - Evolve Rattata
- Alolan Geodude - Rare Encounter from July 14
- Alolan Graveler - Evolution from Geodude
- Alolan Golem - Evolution from Graveler
- Alolan Diglett - Rare Encounter from July 14
- Alolan Dugtrio - Evolution from Diglett
- Alolan Marowak - Evolution from Cubone
- Alolan Raichu - 7K Eggs
Pokemon GO Alolan Eggs
You may have noticed in the previous list that some Alolan Pokemon can only be received from 7K Eggs. These Alolan Eggs can only be received from Gifts. To read more about Gifts, head over to our Pokemon GO Gifts Guide.
How to Get Alolan Diglett and Alolan Geodude in Pokemon GO
After the core list of Alolan Pokemon was introduced into Pokemon GO Recently, two additional Pokemon GO Alolan Forms were added; Geodude and Diglett. These two Alolan Forms were be added into the wild on July 14 and 15 to celebrate Pokemon GO Fest, and can be found while out exploring. Through evolution, Alolan Graveler, Golem and Dugtrio are also available in Pokemon GO.
Pokemon GO Alolan Black Rattata and Black Ratticate
Despite no official announcement from Niantic, players have started to spot Black Rattata in the wild. This is the Alolan Form of Rattata first introduced in Pokemon Sun and Moon, it can be evolved into a Black Ratticate.
That’s everything you need to know about Alolan Forms in Pokemon GO. It’s worth mentioning that Alolan forms will be available as bonuses for trading Pokemon as part of the new update. Head over to our Pokemon GO Trading Guide for more info, and stay tuned for more info on when you can expect more Alolan Forms in Pokemon GO.