Thanks to an update earlier this year, Trading is now available in Pokemon GO. It's something that plaers have been asking for since day one, and fulfills its promise of allowing trainers to swap pokemon and complete their Pokedexs. In this Pokemon GO Trading Guide, we've got a Trading Stardust Cost Chart, as well as everything you'll need to know about Trading in Pokemon GO. We'll cover the basics, and also take a look at how friendship level affects Trading cost in Pokemon GO.
We'll be adding to this guide as we get more info on how trading will work in Pokemon GO, so stay tuned for further details. In the meantime, head over to our Pokemon GO Main Guides hub for everything else you need to know about the game.
Pokemon GO Trading Release Date
Niantic released Trading into Pokemon GO earlier this year alongside the Friends and Gifting features. All trainers level 10 and above can get involved, so make sure you get involved.
How to Trade Pokemon in Pokemon GO
Trading has been around in Pokemon GO for a while now so we know a fair bit about it. We've listed the key info below, all in one handy place.
- Trainers must reach level 10 before they are eligible to trade pokemon
- You must be within 100 metres from the person you would like to trade with
- When you trade pokemon to a friend, you will see the range of CP and HP that you can get. This range is relative to friend level, your level and friendship level
- Stats for both pokemon will be altered by the trade
- Regular trades cost 100 Stardust a piece
- Candy Bonuses on the relative distance between where the two pokemon were first caught
Special Trading in Pokemon GO
On top of the regular trading options available to all players at level 10 and above, there is also Special Trading. This is only available to pairs of trainers who have a friendship level of great or Best with each other. Here's all of the details you need to know:
- Special Trading is unlocked at Great or Best Friendship levels
- Special Trading involves Legendary, Shiny and pokemon that either trainer has not yet caught
- Special Trading costs 40k Stardust per trade and is limited to one trade per day
Pokemon Quest Trading Stardust Cost
The main incentive for levelling up your friendships is that trading will cost less the higher the level you are. Here's the trading stardust cost per friendship level.
|Type of Pokemon||Good Friend (1 Day)||Great Friend (7 Days)||Ultra Friend (30 Days)||Best Friend (90 Days)|
|Shiny or Legendary (Owned)||20000||16000||1600||800|
|Shiny or Legendary (unowned)||1000000||800000||80000||40000|
Pokemon GO Trading Events
Since the addition of Trading to Pokemon GO, Niantic has run a handful of Trading events. Generally, these occur every few months and often involve bonuses for trading a certain amount of Pokemon. There's nothing in the books for the rest of the year as of yet, but we'll be sure to keep this page updated with key info as we get it.
Thanks to a recent update, Lucky Pokemon are now available in Pokemon GO. You can only get them by trading, so be sure to head over to our Pokemon GO Lucky Pokemon Guide for more info.
On top of adding Trading into Pokemon GO, Niantic also added Friends and Gifts. Head over to our Pokemon GO Friends Guide for info on How to Add Friends,and be sure to check out our Pokemon GO Gifts Guide for details on how Gifts work in the game. You should also head over to our Pokemon GO Eevee Guide for tips on how to evolve eevee in Pokemon GO. For info on how to get Celebi in Pokemon GO, head over to our Pokemon GO Celebi Guide.