For Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, you can customize your loadout of Perks heading into any match. In this complete Black Ops 4 Zombies Perks guide, we'll be providing you with a complete list of all the best Black Ops 4 Zombies Perks, so you know which ones to equip for any Zombies match.
But if you need any additional information on the Zombies mode in the latest Call of Duty, you’ll want to head over to our complete Call of Duty Black Ops 4 Zombies guide. It's on this main page that you can find a complete overview of every single Zombies map included with the game, as well as a roundup of al the information we know so far about the Zombies maps included with the Black Ops Pass.
Black Ops 4 Zombies Perks Guide
When you’re at the main menu for Call of Duty Black Ops 4’s Zombies mode, you can click on the ‘Create a Class’ option at the bottom, to see an overview of all the various slots for customized classes you have on hand. You’ll now see two slots at the very top of the screen: ‘Aether Story’, and ‘Chaos Story.’ Just below, we’ll explain in detail what these two options are.
- Aether Story - The classes in this category come into play on the more ‘normal’ Zombies maps, which feature your traditional Perk machines. This includes Voyage of Despair and Blood of the Dead maps.
- Chaos Story - As you might assume, this option is for classes available for the weirder Zombies maps, such as IX, set in a Roman arena.
Within each of these two options, you have six customizable classes in total to play around with. When you first kick off Black Ops 4’s Zombies mode, you’ll only have four of these classes unlocked for the Aether and Chaos Stories, but you’ll unlock classes five and six at levels 27 and 43, respectively.
It’s within these six total classes, that you can assign Perks. Keep in mind that your character doesn’t actually start out with these Perks assigned at the beginning of a Black Ops 4 Zombies match, but these are the Perks you can earn while playing. You’ve got four options for Perks for each class in Zombies, and we’ll outline all of the available Perks just below:
- Timeslip - Your equipment’s cooldown rate is increased, and the Mystery Box and Pack-a-Punch generated weapons appear faster.
- Quick Revive - Revive players faster, and reduces delay before you regenerate health.
- Death Perception - See nearby enemies through walls, and receive an indicator when enemies approach you from offscreen.
- Stamin-Up - Increased movement and sprint speed.
- Electric Burst - Reloading causing an electrical discharge, and the more empty the magazine, the more powerful the burst.
- Dying Wish - Instead of going into a downed mode, you go berserk for 9 seconds, where your melee damage is increased, and you’re left with 1 health point once the period is over.
- Stone Cold Stronghold - Standing still creates a defensive circle which boosts damage and armor over time, while inside.
- Secret Sauce (Level 6) - Receive a random Perk, that isn’t already assigned to another slot.
- Victorious Tortoise (Level 14) - Shields block damage from all directions when held, and triggers an explosion when the shield is broken.
- Deadshot Dealer (Level 18) - Aiming down sights snaps to the enemy’s head, and reduces scope sway and recoil from firing from the hip.
- Bandolier Bandit (Level 26) - Carry increased ammunition.
- Winter’s Wail (Level 30) - When hit, generate a frost explosion that freezes or slows down nearby enemies. Holds two charges.
- Mule Kick (Level 38) - Carry one additional primary weapon.
- PHD Slider (Level 42) - Slide to build up a charge, and when full, slide into an enemy to trigger an explosion.
Black Ops 4 Best Zombies Perks
Now that you have a complete list of all the available Perks in Black Ops 4’s Zombies mode, which are the best? Well, it definitely depends on your style of play. If you’re someone that prefers to run around the map rather than staying and defending one point, then the PHD Slider or the Deadshot Dealer might be the better Perks for you to equip.
As for those who prefer to hunker down and defend a single point, you’ll want to equip Victorious Tortoise, the Dying Wish, or perhaps the Bandolier Bandit Perk. You’ll obviously need to explore the map and find these Perks once you’ve assigned them, but it’s a definite edge that you can give yourself in Zombies.
For info on Call of Duty Black Ops 4's Battle Royale Mode, you can head over to our Call of Duty Blackout Guides Hub . For more specific help with the game check out our Call of Duty Blackout Map Guide, Blackout best Weapons guide, how to unlock Blackout characters guide, and our look at the Best Blackout Perks.
If you're looking for more on Call of Duty Black Ops 4, you can head over to our Call of Duty Black Ops 4 Guides Hub . For more specific help check out our Call of Duty Black Ops 4 Specialists - All Specialist Abilities, Equipment and Weapons guide, our Call of Duty Black Ops 4 Zombies Guide, our look at Black Ops 4 Operator Mods, CoD BLOPS 4 Killstreaks, the Best Attachments, Best Perks in Black Ops 4, and Black Ops 4 Best Weapons. We've also got detailed guides to the IX Zombies Easter Eggs and the Voyage of Despair Easter Eggs.