The special shield item is a brand new addition for Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, and it can come in pretty handy in tight situations. In this Black Ops 4 Zombies shield guide, we'll be providing you with all the details you need to track down the pieces of the shield on the Blood of the Dead Zombies map.
If you instead need help with anything else relating to the Zombies mode in this year’s Call of Duty, you’ll want to head over to our Black Ops 4 Zombies guides hub. It’s on this main page that you can find a complete beginner’s guide to the mode, as well as a walkthrough of the two other maps featured in the game at launch.
Black Ops 4 Blood of the Dead Zombies Shield Guide
The shield functions exactly as you might think in Black Ops 4’s Zombies mode, effectively giving you a rather spiky riot shield to use against the hordes. To build the shield however, you need to collect three parts in total, each of which can spawn in any one of three locations around the map. Just below, we’ll detail the three pieces, as well as all their spawn locations.
Part 1: Shield
- Location 1: Citadel Tunnels - Roughly halfway up the stairs leading to China Alley.
- Location 2: China Alley - Located right next to a zombie window, which itself is located next to the stairs leading to the Citadel Tunnels.
- Location 3: Citadel Tunnels - At the very top of the winding stairs, which lead to the locked elevator cage.
Part 2: Afterlife Essence
- Location 1: Library - Look for a small box that’s emitting a strange glow. If the box is glowing, the part can be collected.
- Location 2: Times Square - Right in the middle of a wall, on the first floor.
- Location 3: Michigan Avenue - Directly under the “Michigan” sign.
Part 3: Warden Key
This final part of the shield only drops once you’ve killed the Brutus mini boss. This boss character only appears once you’ve activated both power switches for the Blood of the Dead map.
Now you know how to collect all three parts of the Shield, you can assemble the Shield itself on a workbench, one of which is found on the middle floor of the main prison block. Simply approach the workbench, hold down X/Square, and the Shield is yours.
For info on Call of Duty Black Ops 4's Battle Royale Mode, you can head over to our Call of Duty Blackout Guides Hub . For more specific help with the game check out our Call of Duty Blackout Map Guide, Blackout best Weapons guide, how to unlock Blackout characters guide, and our look at the Best Blackout Perks.
If you're looking for more on Call of Duty Black Ops 4, you can head over to our Call of Duty Black Ops 4 Guides Hub . For more specific help check out our Call of Duty Black Ops 4 Specialists - All Specialist Abilities, Equipment and Weapons guide, our Call of Duty Black Ops 4 Zombies Guide, our look at Black Ops 4 Operator Mods, CoD BLOPS 4 Killstreaks, the Best Attachments, Best Perks in Black Ops 4, and Black Ops 4 Best Weapons. We've also got detailed guides to the IX Zombies Easter Eggs and the Voyage of Despair Easter Eggs.