There are a ton of Easter Eggs found within all the Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Zombies maps, especially in the IX map. In this Black Ops 4 IX Zombies Easter Eggs guide, we'll be providing you with a complete list of every single hidden Easter Egg that you can find on the gladiator map.
If you instead need any additional information or help with the Zombies mode in this year’s Call of Duty, head over to our Call of Duty Black Ops 4 Zombies guide. It’s on this main page that you can find all the tips and tricks you need to get to grips with the mode, including how to survive until the higher rounds, as well as a complete overview of all three maps in the base game.
Call of Duty Black Ops 4 Zombies IX Easter Eggs Steps
These Easter Eggs might not be as simple as you think, as they’re not merely callbacks to past games in the Call of Duty series. They’re instead gameplay bonuses that you can obtain for your entire team in Zombies, some of which can drastically change the way you play the mode. There’s even an Easter Egg that unlocks a brand new ending cutscene, which brings the entire story of the IX map to a close.
Just below, we’ll be listing out all these Easter Eggs that we’ve found so far in the IX map in Black Ops 4, detailing how you can unlock each one.
- Firstly, defeat all the Champions of the arena by interacting with the four gongs in each tower.
- Head to the Ra Altar room, and the Obelisk will have a symbol on it that all members of your team have to interact with.
- Everyone will now be teleported to another version of the Ra Tower.
- Watch for these symbols, which determine the order in which you have to kill special Zombies.
- Repeat the process with the symbols one more time, successfully.
- Shoot four poles underground until they rise up out of the ground.
- The poles are found in the Collapsed Tunnel, the Odin Tunnel, the Danu Tunnel, and the Cursed Room.
- Head to a large metal grate, at the back of The Pit area.
- Have all your team members stand on the grate, and hold X/Square, until you hear a gear noise.
- All players will now be teleported to their own rooms, where they’ll have to kill multiple waves of Zombies, as well as elite mini bosses.
- You’ve completed this stage when a special key spawns, allowing you to exit the area.
- Now head back above ground to the arena, and there’ll be a special red portal you can use.
- All team members should use the portal, as you’ll need everyone together to overcome the following boss fight.
Fury and Wrath Elephant Boss Fight on Zombies IX Map
To initiate two boss fights, which end your run on the IX Zombies map, you’ll have to firstly be positioned in the main arena, where tigers and gladiators will rush out of the two main gates at your team. After this, the first ‘Fury’ boss, will spawn.
To defeat the first elephant boss, you’re going to have to flank it, shooting the side armor off the elephant. Keeping plugging away at the armor, and the boss should eventually go down with the combined firepower of your entire team.
After Fury, you’re due to face ‘Wrath’, the second of the elephant bosses. Wrath won’t spawn until a few waves after you’ve defeated Fury, but the process for defeating Wrath and seeing the end cutscene is still the same.
Zombies IX Brazen Bull Shield
In order to put together the special shield for the IX map, you're going to have to find three different pieces, scattered around the map. However, these three different pieces that are needed to put the shield together have varying spawn points on the IX map. We've outlined all possible spawn points for the pieces just below.
Brazen Bull Shield Part 1 Locations:
- Ra Altar Room - Found straight in front of the mystery box location, resting against the wall.
- Ra Altar Room - Found just to the left of the summoning gong, between two pillars.
Brazen Bull Shield Part 2 Locations:
- Zeus Altar Room - Found sitting right at the base of a large statue.
- Zeus Tower Entrance - There's a statue that's just above the head height of the player, and in the piece can spawn in the hands of this statue.
- Zeus Tower Bath Room - Can be found lying on an altar, next to some candles.
Brazen Bull Shield Part 3 Locations:
- Odin Altar Room - Can be found leaning against a barrel of spears.
- Odin Tower Entrance - There's a stand with shields, and the piece can be found on the bottom row.
- Odin Tower Cauldron - There are two shields hanging on the wall, and to the right of them, there's the piece leaning against a pillar.
Mad Hatter Song on Zombies IX Map
To trigger a special Avenged Sevenfold song to play while you’re slaying Zombies, you have to track down and shoot special coins in the following locations:
- Ra Tower - Burial Chamber.
- Danu Tower - Entrance.
- Odin Tower - Entrance.
- Zeus Altar Room.
This is far from the first partnership that Treyarch has had with the band. Not Ready to Die was featured in the original Black Ops, as another unlockable song that you could initiate around a map in the Zombies mode of that game.
Zombies IX Viking Easter Egg
In November, the video below was revealed as part of a massive Black Ops 4 Zombies leak, which claimed to reveal several brand new, previously uncovered easter eggs. This easter egg has been dubbed the 'Viking' easter egg, and you can see the method to unlock the prolonged secret just below.
For info on Call of Duty Black Ops 4's Battle Royale Mode, you can head over to our Call of Duty Blackout Guides Hub . For more specific help with the game check out our Call of Duty Blackout Map Guide, Blackout best Weapons guide, how to unlock Blackout characters guide, and our look at the Best Blackout Perks.
If you're looking for more on Call of Duty Black Ops 4, you can head over to our Call of Duty Black Ops 4 Guides Hub . For more specific help check out our Call of Duty Black Ops 4 Specialists - All Specialist Abilities, Equipment and Weapons guide, our Call of Duty Black Ops 4 Zombies Guide, our look at Black Ops 4 Operator Mods, CoD BLOPS 4 Killstreaks, the Best Attachments, Best Perks in Black Ops 4, and Black Ops 4 Best Weapons. We've also got detailed guides to the IX Zombies Easter Eggs and the Voyage of Despair Easter Eggs.