Canopy Chaos marks the third overall level in Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, as Donkey Kong and co, as you’re introduced to Cranky Kong for the first time. In this Donkey Kong Country Canopy Chaos guide, we’ll be walking you through how to discover all the various hidden collectible items, including the KONG Letters, Puzzle Pieces, and the Secret Room locations.
If you instead need help with anything else in Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, including a full beginner’s guide that runs through all the items and their various uses, as well as the contents of Funky Kong’s shop, head over to our full Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze guides hub.
Donkey Kong Country Canopy Chaos Guide
As we mentioned, this is the very first level in Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze in which Cranky Kong and his pogo stick ability make an appearance. We’ll divide up the guide for Canopy Chaos just below by types of items, but keep in mind that you’ll need Cranky Kong on your back nearly all the time throughout the level in order to obtain every collectible item.
Canopy Chaos KONG Letters
- You’ll find the first KONG Letter near the beginning of the Canopy Chaos level, on a spinning wheel. You’re going to have to time your jump to catch the Letter when it’s near the bottom of its rotation.
- The next KONG Letter is found in the middle of a series of platforms with a penguin shooting a fish across at you. Take out the penguin, then claim your prize in the middle.
- You’ll find yourself in an area with three vines dangling above a row of spikes, with bugs flying around. You’ll need to swing between the second and third vines to grab the third KONG Letter in the middle.
- The final KONG Letter of the Canopy Chaos level can be found in an area with two spinning propellers. You need to jump on the vine in the middle and climb upwards, jumping off to the right to claim the final KONG Letter.
Canopy Chaos Puzzle Piece Locations
- To find the Secret Room containing the first Puzzle Piece in the Canopy Chaos level, reference the section just below on how to gain entrance to the first Secret Room.
- After you’ve obtained Cranky Kong through the CK barrel for the first time, you’ll need to brave a floor of spikes. Make it across a alive, and the wall will vanish, letting you claim a Puzzle Piece.
- In an area with a Barrel Cannon pointing downwards, you can get onto a platform on the left to pull a ring. Once pulled, use Cranky’s cane bounce to hop on the spike platform and claim the Puzzle Piece.
- After you’ve either picked up or zoomed past the KONG Letter ‘N’, you’ll need to stomp on a turtle, pick it up, and throw it at a Snowmad sack on the right, which reveals the Puzzle Piece.
- In an area with two snail enemies and one CK barrel, you can platform up to the highest position, and jump into the rock wall on the right, with it vanishing entirely to reveal the next Puzzle Piece.
- Check out the section just below on how to enter the second Secret Room in the Canopy Chaos level to uncover the next Puzzle Piece.
- At the Barrel Cannon that signals the end of the Canopy Chaos level, you can smash the Snowmad on the right to jump up, revealing the final Puzzle Piece of the level above the Barrel Cannon on the left.
Canopy Chaos Secret Room Locations
For the first time in Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, this single level contains two Secret Rooms for you to discover. The first of these can be unlocked the very first time you encounter a turtle.
Simply hop on top of the turtle to make him hide in his shell, then pick the creature up and throw it at the wall on your left. This will cause the wall to break, allowing Donkey Kong and co. to enter the first Secret Room of the Canopy Chaos level.
The second Secret Room can be found in an area with a single Dodo Bird near a spinning wheel. Simply platform up to the highest level, and jump into the rock wall on the left to uncover the entrance to the second Secret Room.
This might mark the end of our Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze guide for the Canopy Chaos level, but keep an eye on this space, as we’ll be adding in a link to the next level in the game, just as soon as we’ve uncovered every collectible you can find.