Shipwreck Shore marks the second overall level in Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, as our titular Kong and companions attempt to take back their island from the invading army of penguins. In this Donkey Kong Country Shipwreck Shore guide, we’ll be walking you through how to find all the various collectible items scattered throughout the level, including all the KONG Letters, Puzzle Pieces, and Secret Room locations.
If you need anything else relating to Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, including how to get to grips with all the basics of combat and collectible items through our beginner’s guide, make sure to head over to our full Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze guides hub.
Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze Shipwreck Shore Guide
Just below, we’ll divide up our guide for the Shipwreck Shore level of Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze by type of collectible, making it easy for you to find any KONG Letters or Puzzle Pieces that you happened to have missed throughout the single level.
Shipwreck Shore Puzzle Piece Locations
- When you first start off Shipwreck Shore, head left, jump on some wooden boxes, smash them, and pull the vine to reveal the first Puzzle Piece.
- When you first encounter a large boat, jump in the water and swim under it, and you can reveal the next Puzzle Piece in the green algae.
- Once you’ve found the Secret Room in the level (see below for instructions), you need to collect all the Bananas before time expires to collect a Puzzle Piece.
- When you need to hang upside down as Donkey Kong on some grass, go to the left and jump off to a new stone platform, revealing a Hidden Cove with a Puzzle Piece.
- While grabbing the grass, you’ll see a yellow flower appear that you’ll need to press Y or X while near it. This will make a brown bag appear nearby, and you’ll need to throw an enemy at the bag in order to claim the next Puzzle Piece.
- When you’re next underwater, head to the left and you can break through some wooden planks. Now break the wooden box, and collect all the Bananas to reveal a Puzzle Piece.
- In the exact same location as the previous Puzzle Piece, smash all the boxes in the area to reveal the seventh Puzzle Piece.
- Next time you’re underwater, it’ll be with an angry shark. Go into the algae on the sea floor, press Y or X to reveal a chest, and you’ll find the Puzzle Piece within.
- Once the spring raft has launched, you’ll see plenty of Grasshoppers and Bananas floating in the air. Collect all the Bananas to reveal the final Puzzle Piece.
Shipwreck Shore KONG Letters Locations
- When you first come across two swinging boxes in the Shipwreck Shore level, shortly after you’ve been on a huge ship, you’ll find the first KONG Letter on the left most platform.
- For the second KONG Letter, you’ll need the help of Dixie Kong. After you’ve been on the boat, you’ll need to jump between two platforms, avoiding the shark in the middle, to claim the next KONG Letter.
- For the third KONG Letter, you’ll find yourself in an underwater area with plenty of boxes to destroy, and two Puzzle Pieces available as we detailed above. From here, go immediately up, and you can find the KONG Letter just under the surface of the water.
- While you’re on the moving raft just before the end of the Shipwreck Shore level, jump up to the grass above you, and you can grab the final KONG Letter.
Shipwreck Shore Secret Room Location
The only Secret Room found within the Shipwreck Shore level of Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze is in the middle of the first large ship that you come across in the level.
Simply find the middle of the ship, and you’ll see a platform above you that’ll lead you to the only Secret Room.
This might bring an end to our Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze guide for the Shipwreck Shore level, but make sure to continue ahead to our Canopy Chaos guide, the next chronological level in Tropical Freeze.