There might be a ton of varied offensive playbooks to choose from while playing Madden 20, but there are those that offer better passing (and often running) plays then the rest. In this Madden 20 offensive playbooks guide, we'll be compiling a list of the best Madden 20 offensive playbooks in the entire game, so you always know which playbooks to rely on.
In the table below, we'll firstly be highlighting a few of the best offensive playbooks in Madden 20. We'll be providing you with a brief summary of why they're the best of the best, focusing on particularly impressive plays, before going into deeper detail on each offensive playbook further down this guide.
|Team Playbook||Strengths||Noteworthy Plays|
|Arizona Cardinals||Shotgun Formations||Cluster Bunch, Mesh Post, Verticals, Bunch Trail|
|Atlanta Falcons||Shotgun Formations||Atlanta Bunch, Atlanta Sail, Bunch Trail, PA WR In|
|Oakland Raiders||Varied, Multiple Formations||HB Power O, Trips TE, Bunch|
The Arizona Cardinals playbook might just be the single best offensive playbook in Madden 20. The formations that center around Cluster out of the Shotgun formation can give your receivers some insane routes for separation further down the field. Below, we'll highlight some of the best plays out of the Cardinals playbook, and explain why they're so great.
- Four Verticals (Singleback Wing Flex Close) - Motion the receiver to the very left outwards, and you want to snap the ball just before he finishes his motion out. If the defensive back assigned back offs, throw the ball immediately, but if it's man coverage, throw a lob ball to the receiver when the cut pass the corner.
- Verticals (Shotgun Cluster HB Str) - Put the receiver on the left in a slant route, and motion the receiver to the very right further out to the sidelines. Throw a bullet pass when the receiver on the right cuts upfield, or if the defensive back is a little too close to him, throw a lob pass when he makes the cut upfield.
- Mesh Post - (Shotgun Cluster HB Str) - Put the slot receiver on the right in a streak route, and put the receiver closer to you on an out route toward the sidelines. Throw either to the receiver on the right when they cut to the sidelines, or a lob pass to the receiver on a streak route.
- Bunch Trail (Shotgun Bunch Quads) - Always reliant as ever is the Trail play from the Bunch formation. Check the ball down to the inside tight end when they cut upfield, or a bullet pass to either of the receivers on the right when they cut away from their defenders.
A close contender for the best passing playbook in Madden 20 comes from the Atlanta Falcons. This offensive playbook goes especially heavy on the Shotgun formations, featuring Bunch, Eagle Trips and other lethal formations. Just below, we've rounded up some of the best plays in the entire playbook.
- Atlanta Bunch (Shotgun Bunch) - Put the outside receiver on the right on a streak route to draw the attention of the safety. This should give the middle receiver that cuts to the outside some great separation and room once they cut to the outside.
- Atlanta Sail (Shotgun Bunch) - Put the slot receiver on the right on an out right towards the sidelines, which will draw down any defensive backs playing a blue zone. You can now hit the R1 receiver when they either cut inside, or outside.
- PA WR In (Shotgun Eagle Trips) - Put the inside slot receiver on a streak route to draw the attention of the safety. When the outside receiver cuts in, throw a bullet pass just ahead of them.
- WR Cross (Shotgun Tight Flex) - Experiment with this one. Motion the running back out to the right, and snap the ball just before they're finished moving, to try and get the jump on their guarding defensive back.
If you're looking for a varied offensive playbook in Madden 20, that can seamlessly mix it up between running and passing, then look no further than the Oakland Raiders playbook. There's a ton of different formations in the Raiders playbook, like Singleback, Weak, I Form, and Shotgun. Below, you can find some of our picks for the best plays in the entire playbook.
- HB Power O (Singleback Wing Tight U) - This is a really strong running play, with one pulling guard from the left coming over to lead the way for the running back on the right.
- Jet Sweep (Singleback Wing Tight U) - This jet sweep play can be really deadly if your opponent is playing coverage defense, and features the running back on a misdirection lead out of the backfield.
- HB Toss (I Form Close) - A fantastic run play for cutting to the outside is this HB Toss, which pulls round one guard from the middle on top of a fullback leading the way for your RB.
- Four Verticals (Shotgun Tight Slots HB Wk) - Always a great passing option are the four verticals routes, but especially here since you can motion either of the slot receivers to the outside, and snap the ball before they're set so they get a step on their defensive back.
If it's more Madden 20 coverage you're after, then you can check out any of our guides pages here at USG. You can head over to our Madden 20 Face of the Franchise guide for a full walkthrough of the story mode, or our Madden 20 Ultimate Team Solo Battles guide for a rundown of all the rewards. Alternatively you can check out either our Madden 20 offensive money plays guide, or our Madden 20 defensive money plays guide for some of the best plays in the game.