As with previous iterations of the game, Madden 18 has introduced the Ultimate Team Most Feared players once again through the Halloween update. In this full Madden 18 Most Feared guide, we'll be going over all the new Madden Most Feared players, as well as all the solo challenges and upgrade sets you can undertake.
But if you instead need anything else to do with Madden 18, including general tips and tricks on this iteration of the sports sim, as well as all the best offensive and defensive playbooks in the game, head over to our Madden 18 guides walkthrough hub.
Madden 18 MUT Most Feared Guide
With EA originally telling us to expect the Madden 18 Most Feared update "soon", the full Halloween event was introduced to the game on October 20, with a week to go before Halloween.
So, what does the Madden 18 Most Feared event actually mean for the game? For a start, it means there are brand new players to acquire, both through promo packs in the MUT Store, and through certain solo challenges.
These new players are known as the 'Most Feared' variety, and all are arriving in the form of Gold and Elite level players, as they have done in previous Madden games. In Madden 17 for example, if you collected all of the MUT Most Feared players together in a single set, you'd be able to earn yourself a 94 OVR Most Feared Brian Urlacher card, for use both during and after the Halloween event wrapped up.
This works the same in the Madden 18 Most Feared event, as you can combine all the Most Feared Scary Tall, or Most Feared Scary Strong players, to acquire a Tony Gonzalez, or Ray Lewis card, respectively. More on those challenges further down, but for now, we'll outline every new Madden 18 Most Feared player:
- Arik Armstead (49ers, LE) - 86 OVR
- Alex Boone (Cardinals, RG) - 86 OVR
- Ahmad Brooks (Packers, LOLB) - 86 OVR
- Derrick Henry (Titans, HB) - 86 OVR
- T.J. MacDonald (Dolphins, SS) - 85 OVR
- Mitch Morse (Chiefs, C) - 85 OVR
- Stephen Paea (Cowboys, DT) - 85 OVR
- Jared Veldheer (Cardinals, RT) - 85 OVR
- Russell Bodine (Bengals, C) - 84 OVR
- Darren Fells (Lions, TE) - 84 OVR
- Leonard Floyd (Bears, LOLB) - 84 OVR
- T.J. Ward (Buccaneers, SS) - 84 OVR
- Demario Davis (Jets, MLB) - 79 OVR
- Malik Hooker (Colts, FS) - 79 OVR
- Lee Smith (Raiders, TE) - 79 OVR
- Daryl Williams (Panthers, RT) - 79 OVR
- Ibraheim Campbell (Browns, FS) - 78 OVR
- Brandon Coleman (Saints, WR) - 78 OVR
- David Irving (Cowboys, DT) - 78 OVR
- Zay Jones (Bills, WR) - 78 OVR
- Kevin King (Packers, WR) - 77 OVR
- Brock Osweiler (Broncos, QB) - 77 OVR
- Tenny Polepoi (Chargers, LE) - 77 OVR
- Samaje Perine (Redskins, HB) - 77 OVR
- Ryan Griffin (Texans, TE) - 76 OVR
- Chris McCain (Chargers, RE) - 76 OVR
- Robert Thomas (Giants, DT) - 76 OVR
- Chance Warmack (Eagles, RG) - 76 OVR
Madden 18 Most Feared Upgrade Sets
The list of players above are actually the basic Most Feared players. The ones you really want, however, can only be acquired through certain Most Feared upgrade sets. These fall into two categories: Scary Tall, and Scary Strong players, and we've listed all the players in the appropriate sets just below:
Scary Strong players:
- Ray Lewis - 94 OVR (Commander)
- Reshad Jones - 91 OVR
- Ben Roethlisberger - 90 OVR
- Demaryius Thomas - 90 OVR
- Jason Peters - 89 OVR
- Dontari Poe - 89 OVR
- Myles Garrett - 89 OVR
Scary Tall players:
- Tony Gonzalez - 94 OVR (Commander)
- Richard Sherman - 91 OVR
- Larry Fitzgerald - 90 OVR
- Dont'a Hightower - 90 OVR
- Brian Orakpo - 89 OVR
- Nate Solder - 89 OVR
- Demar Dotson - 88 OVR
So, now that you know who the Madden 18 Most Feared Captains are, how do you go about getting them? You can either pull them in packs, or you can get your hands on most of them through the upgrade sets that we've listed just below:
Scary Strong upgrade sets:
- Scary Strong Commander: Ray Lewis - Requires all six Scary Strong Captains.
- Scary Strong Elite - Requires eight gold Scary Strong players.
- Scary Strong Captain - Requires eight Wildcard Scary Strong Elite players.
Scary Tall upgrade sets:
- Scary Tall Commander: Tony Gonzalez - Requires all six Scary Tall Captains.
- Scary Tall Gold - Requires three Most Feared Tokens.
- Scary Tall Elite - Requires five Scary Tall Gold players, and ten Most Feared Tokens.
- Scary Tall Captain: Sherman - Requires five Scary Tall Wildcard Elites, forty Most Feared Tokens.
- Scary Tall Captain: Fitzgerald - Requires four Scary Tall Wildcard players, thirty Most Feared Tokens.
- Scary Tall Captain: Hightower - Requires four Scary Tall Wildcard players, thirty Most Feared Tokens.
- Scary Tall Captain: Solder - Requires three Scary Tall Wildcard Elites, twenty Most Feared Tokens.
- Scary Tall Captain: Orakpo - Requires three Scary Tall Wildcard Elites, twenty Most Feared Tokens.
- Scary Tall Captain: Dotson - Requires two Scary Tall Wildcard Elites, ten Most Feared Tokens.
If you want to unlock one of the best Madden Most Feared players, you're going to have to work your way upwards, acquiring the basic Most Feared Gold and Wildcard players, and using them to unlock the Most Feared Captains. After you've got your hands on all six Captains for Scary Tall or Scary Strong, you can them put them all towards the final Most Feared Commander player.
Madden 18 MUT Most Feared Solo Challenges
With the Madden 18 Most Feared event now having launched, we can confirm that Most Feared solo challenges are back once again for the game. Here's an overview of the challenges, as well as the rewards you can earn from them.
Most Feared Haunted House Challenges
The Haunted House challenges will expire on November 10, at 10:30 AM EST, and contain the following rewards:
- 21 solo challenges
- 30,400 coins total
- 14 packs total
Most Feared 24 Hour Daily Scare Challenges
There will be two Daily Scar challenges, available for 24 hours, and refreshed every day at 10:30 AM EST. Their rewards are:
- 1,500 coins per challenge
- 1 Most Feared Token per challenge
This is all the information we currently have on the Maddden 18 Most Feared update, which looks as though it wraps up on November 10 at 10:30 AM EST. Keep an eye on this guide though, as we'll be adding more details to this page whenever we uncover any new information.