NBA 2K18 is out in the wild, and we want to make sure you are prepared to bring your "A-game" to the digital hardwood. We’ll be sharing all of our best NBA 2K18 tips, tricks and strategies so that you’ll be able to tomahawk dunk on the competition.
Everything from in-depth breakdowns on how to earn badges in NBA 2K18 MyCareer to best techniques on how to break down opponents with NBA 2K18’s new fluid dribbling system. We’ll have a bunch of content to dig through for both advanced players and novices alike. This NBA 2K18 guide will have it all.
NBA 2K18 Tips and Tricks Guides
Just below, you'll find our complete list of NBA 2K18 guides, running down everything you need to know about the game, the moment it releases.
- NBA 2K18 Beginner's Guide
- NBA 2K18 Offense Controls
- NBA 2K18 Defense Controls
- NBA 2K18 Scoring Tips and Tricks
- NBA 2K18 How to Earn VC Quickly Guide
- NBA 2K18 All-Time Team Ratings
- NBA 2K18 Guide to the Best Players at Each Position: Ratings, Analysis, and Trade Targets
- NBA 2K18 How to Unlock Badges Guide
- NBA 2K18 MyCareer Player Ratings Reward Guide
- NBA 2K18 MyCareer Pro-Am Guide
NBA 2K18 Companion App
While the NBA 2K18 Prelude might be just around the corner, you can download the NBA 2K18 companion app right now. The companion app for the game is how you'll do the in-game face scan for your MyPlayer career, and you can also earn VC (virtual currency) through the app.
NBA 2K18 Gameplay Trailers
The official NBA 2K YouTube channel published a video of behind the scenes developer interviews, while also giving us our first look at gameplay for NBA 2K18.
The full trailer, which you can see for yourself just below, highlights the focus on player accuracy in NBA 2K18, with the dev team having rebuilt the entire player body system from previous NBA 2K iterations, in order to accurately match the real life counterparts of the players in the game.
The team then went into detail about MyPlayer, and about how the facial scan feature from past 2K games is returning in greater detail than ever. There's now slated to be more options than ever before for when you're customising your own character, and the team showed off some of the more advanced body proportion controls.
On August 16, the NBA 2K YouTube account again posted a gameplay trailer for NBA 2K18, highlighting some of the flashier moves seen around the league on a nightly basis.
The trailer at points gives some nice looks at defensive plays, as well as showing off some of the more emotional aspects of players on the court. Elsewhere, we could see the likes of Lebron James, Kevin Durant, Blake Griffin and more doing what they do best.
NBA 2K18 MyTeam Details
A brand new developer diary on the MyTeam mode was recently posted to the NBA 2K Facebook page, where associate producer Peter Cornforth revealed some of the new details coming to this iteration of the flagship basketball sim.
Cornforth outlined several new modes and features for NBA 2K18 MyTeam, all of which we've highlighted and detailed just below for you:
- Pack and Playoffs - In this mode, you'll start by opening a pack and picking the coach for your team, and then opening successive packs to assemble your full squad, which you'll then take into 5v5 matchups online with other assembled teams. The further you advance before being eliminated from this tournament, the bigger the prize.
- MyTeam Super Max - This mode introduces a salary cap and season gameplay to online competition within MyTeam, with each player having to assemble a roster of players based on their salaries. If everyone uses one card, for example Steph Curry, then his value will go up, causing less people to use him in their teams.
- Strategy Cards - These cards can be played during timeouts, and have certain effects on your team for a limited time only. The higher rank your coach is, the more Strategy Cards you can bring with you into a single game.
- All-Time Domination - Think you're good at 2K? You might want to think again, as 2K18's MyTeam brings in the All-Time Domination mode, where you can take your team to play against lineups comprised of the best players in a franchise's history. This means Kobe, Shaq, Kareem, Magic, Wilt, Jerry, and more can all be found in a single team, for you to take on.
Over on our NBA 2K18 All-Time team ratings guide, we've got the full breakdown of every player for every All-Time team, which you can take on when the game releases, if you're feeling brave enough.
Elsewhere, the NBA 2K YouTube channel posted the trailer below, showcasing some of the above game modes in action, as well as the redesigned MyTeam player cards.
NBA 2K18 In-Game Screenshots
It's taken a while, but finally the first screenshots of NBA 2K18 have been released. The shots, seen below, appear to show players with more realistic body types than seen in NBA 2K17.
But there's now NBA 2K19 on the horizon, and 2K has just released the first few details about the upcoming iteration of the basketball sim. Head over to our full NBA 2K19 everything we know guide, for a complete list of all the details we know about the game so far, including a release date, cover star, and new MyTeam features.