The NBA 2K18 MyCareer mode has one simple goal. Get to a rating of 99 overall. That means grinding your character’s skills up to legendary status and being the most feared baller on the planet. There are lot of rewards that you’ll get along the way to 99. Most of them them will give you some pretty awesome perks. Check out the list below in this NBA 2K18 Player Rating Rewards Guide and see what you’ll get on the way #RoadTo99.
Should you need anything else on NBA 2K18, for example help with the defensive controls of the game, or general scoring tips and tricks, make sure to head over to our NBA 2K18 tips and tricks guide hub.
NBA 2K18 Player Rating Rewards Guide
- Unlock the Hardened Badge! Play through fatigue and injury without experiencing a severe drop in skill.
- Unlock the Spark Plug Badge! Make a big play when coming off the bench or following timeouts to energize your teammates.
- Pro level dribbling, shooting, dunking, and flashy pass animations will be available for your MyPLAYER.
- Access to Swag's clothing store and Foot Locker.
- Unlock the Expressive Badge! Show emotion during the game after a big play.
- Elite level dribbling, shooting, dunking, and flashy pass animations will be available for your MyPLAYER.
- You will have the ability to perform celebrations.
- Access to Alley Oops tattoo shop.
- Unlock more clothes in Swag's clothing store.
- Unlock the Enforcer Badge! Wreak havoc on the floor with tough, physical play.
- You will have the ability to create your own jumpshot.
- Unlock signature emote animations - Tier 1.
- New clothes from the NBA Store.
- Unlock the Clutch Performer Badge! Your game will be stepped up in big moments.
- Unlock Signature Pre-Game Rituals - Tier 1.
- Unlock Signature Emote Animations - Tier 2.
- Unlock more clothes in Swag's clothing store.
- Unlock the Microwave Badge! Heat up quicker than most players.
- Unlock Signature Celebration Animations - Tier 1.
- Unlock Signature Movement Animations - Tier 2.
- Access to Mitchell & Ness Nostalgia Co. sports clothing store.
- Unlock the Alpha Dog Badge! Be a team leader who takes it upon himself to lead his team to victory.
- Ever wanted to sit in the GM seat for a bit? You will. Influence the way your NBA team operates, from plays, to rotations, to roster management.
- Unlock Signature Emote Animations - Tier 3.
- Bicycle! You can now roam the neighborhood faster by using your bike.
- Unlock JBL Pro sound studio and JBL headphones.
- Unlock the On-Court Coach Badge! Call plays, tell teammates to shoot, and call for the ball.
- Unlock Signature Pre-Game Rituals - Tier 2.
- Ability to remove your shirt. Who needs a shirt? It will be up to you if you want one.
- Unlock tattoo designs in Alley Oops tattoo shop.
- Unlock the Gym Rat Badge! No more gym workouts, and you will always have the extra Energy (Turbo) available.
- Skateboard! It would be cool to ride a skateboard around the Neighborhood, huh? A new board will be added to your MyCOURT closet.
- Unlock Signature Celebration Animations - Tier 2.
- Hoop it up at home. Unlock your own mini-basketball arcade machine for your MyCOURT.
- Unlock the Championship DNA Badge! Quickly see where the double teams are coming from, and in the playoffs, your game will be elevated.
- Friends, Friends, Friends. You will have the ability to play games with ANY NBA player on your MyCOURT.
- Pay Day! All games will earn double the amount of VC.
- Unlock Signature Emote Animations - Tier 4.
- Cut the line! Never wait for a game again! You will have V.I.P. Got Next status.
- Better shades! Special ALL GOLD accessory package will be delivered to your MyCOURT closet.
- Get your MyTEAM on! Earn several free packs in MyTEAM mode.
- Be the star! You will be featured on NBA 2KTV for the whole world to see.
- Unlock the Legend Badge! All badges will be raised beyond normal capability.
- MyNikes shoe collection.
- You will be immortalized in NBA 2K
Most of these perks are for use in the Neighborhood and some of them at the higher levels are pretty badass. Getting a bike and skateboard to move around the online space is super fun. Although I would miss my LaVar Ball running animation. Getting to cut the line and not have to wait would be fantastic, but I’m not sure how that works when lots of players hit that level. Things get really good once you’ve hit 95 and up. double VC, getting on the cover of NBA 2KTV and Legendary Badges!
But there's now NBA 2K19 on the horizon, and 2K has just released the first few details about the upcoming iteration of the basketball sim. Head over to our full NBA 2K19 everything we know guide, for a complete list of all the details we know about the game so far, including a release date, cover star, and new MyTeam features.