The new Vex Offensive activity in Destiny 2 can only be unlocked through the Season of the Undying pass, but it's well worth undertaking. In our Destiny 2 Vex Offensive guide, we'll be putting together a guide on how to unlock the new activity through completing the Eyes on the Moon quest, as well as then explaining the purpose of the new activity.
Destiny 2 Vex Offensive Mode
Firstly, you'll need to purchase the new Season of the Undying Season Pass if you want to take part in the Vex Offensive in Destiny 2. This new Season Pass costs 1,000 Silver, which equals out at roughly $9.99.
After you've purchased the Season Pass, go visit Ikora Rey in the Tower. She'll present you with the Vex Offensive quest, which you'll need to complete in order to actually unlock the new activity.
How to Complete Eyes on the Moon
Completing Eyes on the Moon is actually pretty simple, if a little time consuming. We'll walk you through the brief steps below.
- Head to the Moon.
- Go to any of the three Vex Invasion zones on the map of the Moon.
- Wait here until Vex spawn, and keep killing the Vex when they appear.
- If you're lucky enough to have a Vex Gate Lord appear, kill it.
- Kill 100 total Vex minions, and 3 Vex Gate Lords.
- Talk to Eris Morn to complete 'Eyes on the Moon.'
The final step is the criteria you need to fulfil in order to complete the Eyes on the Moon quest. Alternatively, if you're looking to earn some Vex-related gear while you're at it, you can opt to kill two Vex Hydra guards before killing the Gate Lord, which will cause a Vex Hydra to appear. Defeating this big boss will always earn you a random gear item.
Vex Offensive Walkthrough
Now that you've got access to the Vex Offensive mode in Destiny 2, you might be wondering what all the fuss is about. The new activity basically functions as a six player Strike, where you'll need to complete multiple areas through teamwork, before facing off against one final boss. Check out our simple steps below on completing the Vex Offensive.
- Defeat as many Vex within the time limit, to fill the gauge up to 100%.
- Defeat the bright white Vex Minotaurs, and pick up the cannons that they drop.
- Use these cannons to destroy floating orbs around the arena.
- Open up the reward chest, proceed to the second area.
- Complete the entire process again, destroying Minotaurs and using the cannons to destroy the orbs.
- Open up the next reward chest, and head to the boss arena.
- When the boss spawns, run to the lower right area.
- Defeat as many Vex minions as possible until bright white Minotaurs begin spawning.
- Defeat the Minotaurs, pick up their cannons, and this time use the cannons on the shield of the Vex boss.
- When the shield is completely broken, you have 25 seconds to deal as much damage to the boss as possible.
- Repeat the entire process over again until the Vex boss has been destroyed.
Really, the Vex Offensive is a lot less intimidating than it first seems. You can definitely get through it with a decent Fireteam in about 20 minutes, but it's the final boss that'll likely give you the most trouble. Just remember not to get distracted by the horde of Vex minions, and concentrate your cannon fire on the boss' shields, and you'll have the Vex Offensive completed easily.
Vex Offensive Rewards
There are a fair few new weapons to be earned through the Vex Offensive. As you can see from the tweets we've compiled below, they're all looking extremely stylish indeed. To unlock any of the Vex Offensive weapons, you'll need to head to Ikora in the Tower, and claim the corresponding Vex Data Seed bounty for them.
the vex offensive weaponry is GORGEOUS oh my god. bungie's artists have hit such a next-level with everything in Shadowkeep pic.twitter.com/lcNWZaNI2S— Erica has a halloween name (@aurahack) October 6, 2019
First gun from Vex Offensive! pic.twitter.com/TO43vAERkp— FENNTOBER (@Crashfennec) October 5, 2019
Just did vex offensive and got these two weapons, the rolls made me nut. pic.twitter.com/ezkKnyHiPq— Ezekial (@Possum_Possy) October 5, 2019