Call of Duty Black Ops 4 switches things up in the weapons department, placing more of an emphasis on attachments and mods. As well as the usual scopes and stocks, some of the weapons in Black Ops 4 have Operator Mods, essentially tweaks that add special properties to the weapon in question. In this Black Ops 4 Operator Mods Guide, we'll list all Operator Mods in Black Ops 4, and render our verdict on what the best Operator Mods in Black Ops 4 is. We'll also take a look at how to equip Operator Mods.
For more on CoD Black Ops 4, head over to our Black Ops 4 Everything We Know Guide. It’s got everything you need to know about the game, including how to preload Black Ops 4, release date, and more.
Call of Duty Black Ops 4 Operator Mods
Operator mods are powerful bonuses that you can add to your weapons in CoD Black Ops 4. In this guide we’ll go over everything you need to know, detail the best Operator Mods in Black Ops 4, and hopefully help you gain a serious advantage over other players.
Call of Duty Black Ops 4 Best Operator Mods
While there's no denying that a lot of how you'd classify the best Operator mods in Black Ops 4 is down to personal preference, there are some that are a lot more useful than others. Below, we've listed our picks for the best Call of Duty Black Ops 4 Operator Mods.
- ABR 223 Burst Accelerator - The Burst Accelerator is a seriously overpowered Operator Mod that allows you to hold the trigger down to fire off multiple burst in a short time.
- Auger DMR Two Round Burst - Another Burst Operator Mod now with the two round burst. It allows you to fire two bullets in extremely quick succession, which is all you need to down an enemy if you hit them on the upper torso.
What are Call of Duty Black Ops 4 Operator Mods
Operator mods can be viewed in the weapons section of the menu. You’ll see them under the Stats listed for certain weapons, though you should note that not every weapon in Black Ops 4 currently has an Operator Mod. Each weapon has its own Operator Mod, offering a unique bonus. Examples include changing the fire rate and mode of a weapon, adding incendiary damage to a shotgun, and even strapping bayonetta-style tactical knives to pistols. They’re well worth working towards, as they can give you the upper hand in plenty of situations.
How to Equip Operator Mods in Black Ops 4
The most confusing part of using Operator Mods is equipping them to your weapons. Luckily, we’ve worked out how to do so, and we’ve collected all the info you need in the following list:
- Your weapon must be at max level in order to equip an Operator Mod
- Once it’s at the correct level, head over to the “Wildcard” section of the weapons menu
- Look for either “Primary Operator Mod” or “Secondary Operator Mod”, depending on which type of weapon you’re using.
- Add the Wildcard to your weapon of choice
- Now, select the weapon with an Operator Mod, and you can add it in the attachment section
- It’ll take up two attachment slots, but it’s definitely worth it
CoD Black Ops 4 Operator Mods List
Given how hidden away the Operator Mods in Black Ops 4 are, we figured we’d list them all here. We’ve broken them into weapon type, and will be adding in descriptions as we unlock more of them.
Assault Rifle Operator Mods
- VAPR - Bayonetta
- Maddox RFB - Firing Unit
SMG Operator Mods
- AKS - Longburst
- Spitfire - Wildfire
- Auger DMR - Two Round Burst
- AVR 223 - Burst Accelerator
- Swordfish - Burst Count
- Titan - Suppressive Barrell
Snipers Operator Mods
- Koshka - Speed Center
Pistol Operator Mods
- Strife - Tactical Knife
- Mozu - Skull Splitter
Shotgun Operator Mods
- Mod 12 - Dragon Breath