In FIFA 19, you can have the best team set-up the world has ever seen, but it won't mean a thing if you can't score goals. There are a ton of ways to score goals in FIFA 19, from long-ranged screamers to finessed tap-ins from yards away. There are a few ways that are considered to be a cut above the rest though, which is what we'll be focusing on in our FIFA 19 Goal Scoring Guide. We'll cover how to score lots of goals in FIFA 19, the best shot to use, and also take a look at the FIFA 19 attacking controls.
For more on FIFA 19, be sure to head over to our FIFA 19 Guides Hub. It’s filled with useful info on FIFA 19, from essential tips and tricks, a look at the best ways to defend, and more.
How to Score in FIFA 19
A lot of FIFA 19 players get comfortable with using the same type of shot over and over again, which means they could be missing out on a ton of goals. Having an understanding of multiple shot types is key to hitting the back of the net every time, so it definitely pays to know your Low shot from your Timed Finishes. We've listed plenty of info on FIFA 19 shooting below, so that you can start to expand your attacking tactics and play style.
FIFA 19 Driven Shot - How to Score With the New Low Shot, Best Shot for Scoring Goals
FIFA 19's version of the Driven Shot is the new Low Shot. It's been tweaked slightly, but is still one of the best and easiest ways to score goals in the game, it's particularly useful when going one on one with the keeper, as it seems to find the bottom corner of the net nearly every time. To perform the Low Shot in FIFA 19, just hold L1 and R1 and press shoot. You'll want to hold the shoot button a bit to charge your shot up, though a first touch Low Shot using a tap of the shoot button is also effective. Make sure you slow down before taking it, and draw the keeper out of their goal. You'll have space to slot it past them, and should score almost every time.
Best Formation to Score Goals in FIFA 19 - Best Attacking Formation in FIFA 19
Most FIFA players adopt strategies that favor strikers and attackers. As a result, your team’s default formation might not be the best for scoring goals. We’ve provided some tips on setting up an attacking formation below, so you can build the best FIFA 19 Formation for scoring goals.
- In FIFA 19, you have a ton of control over the individual tactics at your disposal. You can switch up Formation on the fly, setting custom formations to each of your Game Plans. As such, there’s no longer need to lock yourself into one rigid formation.
- For your Attacking Game Plan we recommend going with a 4-2-3-1 formation. Ensuring good width, you’ll be able to feed the ball in from the wing, moving that line of four attackers in for a goal.
- When going with Ultra Attacking Play, go for a 4-2-4. This will ensure there are a high density of attacking players in the box to connect with any crosses you send their way.
- When customizing your attacking plays, it’s a good idea to assign Fast Build Up. This gradually speeds up play as you get closer to the goal, making your offensive moves extremely dynamic.
- You can assign Instructions to any player in your squad. This determines how they will react depending on the Game Plan you choose to go with. We recommend using the “Get in Behind” Instruction for strikers, as this will allow you to feed through balls to your top strikers.
How to Score Corners in FIFA 19
One of the easiest ways to score in FIFA 19 is from your corners. And while taking corners in FIFA 19 is pretty straightforward, there are some ways to elevate your set pieces, so that you score the majority of the time. Here are the best ways to take corners in FIFA 19
- Always pass to a second player. You can call one forward while taking the corner, and can then pass off to one. Passing the ball off in this way opens up more opportunities to score in FIFA 19 corners, especially if you practice the technique below.
- When you pass the pall to your second corner player, hit R1/RB. You’ll dummy the ball, which seems to fool the game into moving defensive lines forward. You can take this extra second of space to shoot, or cross in a curled cross.
- Curl your corners with the right stick while holding the shoot button, this is a surefire way to add power to any chances that come out of the cross.
- Head into your tactics menu and tweak the Corners bar in the defense section. This will allow you to change the number of players you want in the box during a corner, and can be a real help when trying to score goals.
FIFA 19 Attacking Controls - All Shot Types and Shooting Controls
Knowing exactly which shot to use in any given situation is a great way to maximize your goal-scoring potential, but it won't mean a thing if you don't know the shot controls. That's why we've listed the FIFA 19 attacking controls below, be sure to give them a quick look before jumping into a match.
- Shoot/ Volley/ Header - Circle/B
- Timed Finish - Circle/B + Circle/B
- No Touch Feints - R1/RB + Left Stick
- Chip Shot - L1/LB + Circle/B
- Finesse Shot - R1/RB + Circle/B
- Low Shot/ Downward Header - L1/LB + R1/RB + Circle/B
- Fake Shot - Circle/B + X/A
- Protect Ball - L2/LT
- Call for Support - R1/ RB
- Cancel - L2/LT + R2/RT
- Flair Shot - L2/LT + Circle/ B
- Let Ball Run - R1/ RB (Press and Hold) + Left Stick (Towards the Ball)
- Slow Dribble - L1/LB + Left Stick + Direction
- Flick Up For Volley - R3/RS (Press)
- Disguised First Touch - R1/RB (Press and Hold) + Left Stick (Towards Ball)
FIFA 19 Passing Controls - All Pass Types and Passing Controls
If you want to score goals, you'll need to set them up first. And to ensure you use the perfect pass every time, we've listed the FIFA 19 Passing Controls below:
- Ground Pass/ Headed Pass - X/A
- Lob Pass/ Cross Header - Square/ X
- Through Pass - Triangle/ Y
- Fake Pass - Square/ X + X/A
- Threaded Through Pass - R1/RB + Triangle/ Y
- Lobbed Through Ball - L1/LB + Triangle/Y
- Driven Lob Pass/Cross - R1/ RB + Square/ X
- High Lob/ Cross - L1/LB + Square/ X
- Low Cross - Square/X + Square/ X
- Scoop Lob - L2/LT + Square/ X
- Dummy a Pass - R1 (Press and Hold)
- Flair Pass - L2/LT + X/A
- Driven Ground Pass - R1/RB + X/A
- Manual Ground Pass - L1/LB + R1/RB + X/ A
If you're looking for help with FIFA 19, we've got a full FIFA 19 guide. If you'd rather hop directly to one of our specific guides, we've got them all for you just below.
- FIFA 19 Best Player Ratings Guide
- FIFA 19 Ultimate Team Guide
- FIFA 19 Defending Guide
- FIFA 19 Fastest Players
- FIFA 19 Best Young Players
- FIFA 19 How to Score Lots of Goals
- FIFA 19 Hidden Gems and Wonderkids
- FIFA 19 The Journey Walkthrough
- FIFA 19 Coins - How to Earn FIFA 19 Coins Fast in FUT 19
- FIFA TOTW 3 - FUT Team of the Week 3 October 3, 2018 for FIFA 19
This article may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and buy the product we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.